Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Radio 1 get through a day without a technical SNAFU?

• 21-07-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just a thought.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Drivetime is the only RTE 1 show I've heard a bit of lately and the volume seemed to be jumping up and down at times. Not sure if it's the mics they're using or something else behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What I've noticed is that stings/inserts/ads are failing, someone pressing the button as they cue up same with a pause/or an "after the break" but then - nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Technology Mike, like.. shít happens:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

RTE News is the same, constant mistakes and errors.."we've lost that, we'll try get back to that later", "we seem to be having technical problems" etc.. RTE presenters must as part of their training learn off these phrases. Doesn't seem to happen on TV3 or commercial radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

mike65 wrote: »
    What I've noticed is that stings/inserts/ads are failing, someone pressing the button as they cue up same with a pause/or an "after the break" but then - nothing.

Definitely been noticing that lately and also an odd effect on some adverts where they sound like they've been encoded at 50kbps mp3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Wertz wrote: »
    Definitely been noticing that lately and also an odd effect on some adverts where they sound like they've been encoded at 50kbps mp3...

Yeah i said that on another thread too. A lot of the ads are out of phase across all the RTE Radio channels.

RTE newsroom mic broken.

edit fixed on air. Sounded like someone had turned something up to 11 and distortation resulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

These technical problem seemed to have started right after the bitterly contested vote on the pay cuts. Tech flu?

Arrgh. Don't know wtf they're at today but my R1 reception sounds like an old LP that someone put the mother of all scratches across...this rythmic cut-out/blip in the signal. Receiving on 87.8...tried re-tuning but that seems to be the only frequency for those of us in the NE.
    I've had to just switch it off it's that annoying. Jesus can these people not put out a plain old FM signal without this type of degradation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Another breakdown today in the Mooney Show. Apologies from Derek to people in the midwest.

• Advertisement

10 am news on radio 1, premature jingle ejectulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

Good God! I've heard of "premature ejaculation drivers" (Ian Dury) but this is something else again:)

It deffo came too soon. The newsreader wasn't phased, it was like she was expecting it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mike65 wrote: »
    10 am news on radio 1, premature jingle ejectulation.

I heard the seven o'clock news and was the same thing. Jingle came in over the news guy, and over the weather guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Crashing the pips at 7 am before Morning Ireland with an advert is SO unprofessional, and it seems to be a regular ocurrance.

Interference and distorted SQ all over their afternoon again today...perhaps it's a localised problem for me, but it used to be that I could get RTÉ R1 on a number of different spots on the dial...these days, it only comes in on 87.8...

Three so far on RTE radio 1 this morning....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Another just now, unable to go to the news.

Horror show for Michael Murphy at 8 am, nothing worked. Nothing except his mic.

Advertisement