Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a new case?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

Right, having fit my new rig, just barely, into an old ATX case, I realise it's time to buy a proper one. There is little airflow in mine and it's far too small - the graphics card is almost touching off one of my hard drives.

There are so many cases out there I'd really appreciate some suggestions. All I'm looking for is something with enough space lengthwise, particularly for the larger dual-GPU cards on the market, and one which has decent airflow. The cheaper the better too.

Edit:I hear there are also tool-less/no screws needed cases out there!?

Any thoughts on this? http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=25748&sid=14&cid=122&scid=539

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Can't complain about my cooler master 590. Tool-less drive bays/expansion ports and both side panels have gripnuts instead of screws.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334204&page=7

Theres a picture of my one with what I believe is still one of(if not the) longest GPUs out there.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/887918/art/cooler-master/centurion-590-pc-casing.html

Ignore my horrible cable management btw, I was too lazy to tuck the cables behind the MoBo tray.(It has slots all along it for cable management).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'll give you some advice...you always get what you pay for. ;)
    I'll recommend an Antec 1200...loads of room and great airflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gonzales24

i have a ANTEC 1200... its really great, comes with 5x 120mm + 280mm on top... all with fan-controle + u can install 2x more fans, one on the side and one inside the case... its really great, room for everything and even more... + super cable management all cables hiding in the back... can only recommend.. 10+.. :D (ps. just one contra: i heards is not so great for watercooling) but thats the only thing. best in his prize.. antec 1200

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Christ, Peats is really pushing it! Over twice the price of a stock CM330 and nearly twice the price of a window-modded CM331/340! :eek: You can buy a CM Dominator for that much on HWVS, let alone a Centurion or Gladiator!

Antec 1200 is made of win - if you intend on blowing €150-200 on a case that is!

CM HAF922 (Mini HAF) is good and usually cheaper than the Antec 900, let alone the 900-2. But its pretty fugly, in a neato butch-looking industrial way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

• Advertisement
Advertisement