Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund from UPC

Options
  • 21-07-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

A month or so ago, I had a huge Hu Ha, with UPC, and I won, they were knocking me off the internet 9/10 times, they sent out 4 engineers, 10 calls to customer care, so I cancelled and I get a refund.

Total credit * € -38.40 is showing in my account

Any idea if they will give this back to me or if I will have to hound them, I doubt they will post me a check....?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Give them a call and ask them.

Shouldn't take too long to process since the credit is already on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

so you'd think.

had a mate at work who had something similar a few months ago and he was hounding them for months after he cancelled to get his refund and all of a sudden they bstarted telling him that HE owed THEM money for not returning his digibox, even though he had confirmation from the engineer who picked it up and gave them his mobile number to confirm with him.

this went on for several months and i'm not sure if he ever got his refund as we're all banned from mentioning the words upc or ntl in the office. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Just had a mail from them, they will forward my request to the billing department. Typical, they will leave refunds unless you ask for the money.

With regards to them charging your friend for the digibox, when I was with them and asked to cancel their "digital" service, they never bothered asking for the box back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

vibe666 wrote: »
    had a mate at work who had something similar a few months ago and he was hounding them for months after he cancelled to get his refund and all of a sudden they bstarted telling him that HE owed THEM money for not returning his digibox, even though he had confirmation from the engineer who picked it up and gave them his mobile number to confirm with him.
    HA! They pulled the exact same stunt on me after I cancelled digital tv with them a few years back. Thankfully, I had received my refund at that stage though. Didn't stop them calling around to the house multiple times looking for boxes though...

With refunds, I think if you cancel your account and it is in credit, they post you out a cheque for the balance. This is upc though, so don't count on that!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Kensington wrote: »
    With refunds, I think if you cancel your account and it is in credit, they post you out a cheque for the balance. This is upc though, so don't count on that!!! :p

They did that woth me, sent me a cheque for the balance, and the next monht a bill for not returning the boxes...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ah but remember they keep winning the isp of the year award so they must be great!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

johnmryan wrote: »
    Just had a mail from them, they will forward my request to the billing department. Typical, they will leave refunds unless you ask for the money.

With regards to them charging your friend for the digibox, when I was with them and asked to cancel their "digital" service, they never bothered asking for the box back...
    same here years ago when we lived in dublin. phoned them 3 times for a collection, they never turned up, kept it for another year and binned it when we moved house. no comeback from them that time though, but i think my mates was a digital+ box, so they'd have wanted that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

I checked the box yesterday looks like an ancient thing, not even a sat connection point... If they ever did collect it, I pity the person who gets it.

Advertisement