Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript Chart Plugins

• 21-07-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've been scouring the web for a suitable javascript chart plugin for a little project i'm doing - unfortunately I've had no luck so far finding one that will fit my solution...

Basically what I need is a chart plugin that converts html tables to bar charts whilst being compatible with jquery tabbed navigation.

I've tried visualize link which is almost what i need but it doesn't like it when my jquery tab function hides the tabbed divs.

It works when i stick it right into the body tag of the html obviously enough though :/

Any worthwhile suggestions? JScharts looks the part but it isn't free for commercial use (project has a very small budget).

Any hints appreciated as always,

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'm fairly sure the Dojo toolkit has good charting plugins.

Also the google charting thing is pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Hi P,

Thanks for your input. I decided that I would be better to pass the XML data into arrays and then use a javascript plugin to display the array values.

The problem I'm having now is that my charts are not displaying thanks to my jquery tabbed navigation....

I figure it's because the tabs are being set to "display: none" and this is messing up the chart generation...

I'll keep at it anyways - but if anyone has had any similar experiences please do share :)

Thanks!

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Sorted :)

Simply threw the call to create the chart in a javascript function, and called it on a onClick() event of the required tab (thus setting the tab to "display: block", allowing the chart dimensions to be visible, and finally allowing flot to render the chart!)

Seems so simple now I look back :)

Hope this helps anyone suffering from the same problem!

Dan

Advertisement