Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill.ie?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Heard an ad for these yesterday and got my house insurance through this morning.

Renewal quote was €671.22 so I went on to the site and entered my details identically from my renewal quote.

I got a variety of quotes from €371.23 to €478.22 but the €371.23 (half price :eek:) one is perfect for what I want, leaving out the fact that the house isn't worth what is was a year ago :rolleyes:

Has anyone used them or got any feedback about them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

They are fine, I would just caution on your comment about your house being worth less than it was last year. You need to insure for a value which woud rebuild your home including removal of debris and associated costs, not market value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've lost count of the number of times I've posted this link:

This is an advisory booklet from the Society of Chartered Surveyors on the valuation of residential property for insurance purposes (March 2009)

http://www.scs.ie/digital_publications/get_lob?id=22&field=publication

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

I used Chill for a car insurance renewal late last year. Similarly to yourself, the renewal quote I received from the old insurer was reduced by about 30% when I entered the details on chill's website. I thought it was too good to be true but when the details were processed the policy was with Zurich - happy days....

I've been very happy with the service - recently changed car and there was no problem getting through to customer service, changing details etc.

If you want to get a comparative quote take a look at another website - www.quotedevil.ie - one of the directors is a colleague of mine in a business network and they have some special offers at the moment....

Advertisement