Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Every square inch"

Options
  • 21-07-2009 12:53pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Adrian Weckler just twittered from an Eamonn Ryan/Conor Lenihan press conference:
    "We're ahead of Britain, the US and other countries in covering every square inch of the country by broadband" -- Ryan
    The. Mind. Boggles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

He has a Degree in Commerce or some such.

Surely he doesn't actually believe this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

"We're ahead of Britain, the US and other countries in covering every square inch of the country by broadband" -- Ryan

Has he been munching magic mushrooms or smoking weed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The USA is a lot bigger than Ireland so he's right :D

But what a clown...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I think Ryan has learned well from his time in the Fianna Fail party...
    Bertie told us he had made us the richest people in the world and most believed him. Ryan tells us we leaders in Broadband (since he took charge) and most will probably believe that too.

Did you read the PR BS on Silicon Republic from Ryan today
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/13460//25-000-potential-jobs-for-ireland-through-govt-digital-strategy
    the Government is to focus on building a smart broadband network called the Exemplar Network that makes use of multiple colours of fibre to dramatically boost the speed of fibre-based communications
    I guess that is because the fiber we all have today just doesn't cut it!

Ryan is announcing 25,000 jobs ... "today’s 350 from InTune is only the beginning", meanwhile rte (http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0721/jobs.html) is telling us Ryan will create 30,000 jobs... "first measure will see 50 jobs created in the next year, followed by another 300 within three years". So the 350 jobs are "planned" too ... if it takes 3 years to get 350 I wonder how long it takes until we get to the 30k mark the great Ryan has created!? What would we have done without him!? Meanwhile, the king of lies himself, Bertie, is I'm sure terribly impressed at the speed and ease the Greens have been converted to the FF way of thinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Now I know why I rarely bother with anything that is on Twit-er

Ryan was up to 30,000 smart green jobs on Drivetime, what a lying **** he is :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

What is wrong with jounalism in this country that they can't pull them on this crap.

They do it everytime and they never pull them on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I am sure Leinster House is awash with talk of DWDM, Tunable lasers, long haul optics, Doped amplifiers, RRR and such likes these days...oh wait...it's summer....well maybe in September, before the Christmas break :) - If the fibre dont go there boys, then all the smarts in laser technology will not help one dot...

Advertisement