Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you buying a new jersey this season?

• 21-07-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I know it's related to the new jerseys thread (maybe we could merge them?) but I'm curious to know whether the economic climate is affecting the sale of jerseys, or what the general consensus is when it comes to new jerseys being released each year.

Personally, I usually buy the new home kit (Spurs) but the latest one is awful looking so I'll be giving it a miss this year.

Are you buying a new jersey this season? 93 votes

Never buy one
    0% 0 votes
    No, happy with last seasons/older seasons shirt
    17% 16 votes
    No too pricey
    22% 21 votes
    No don't like it
    16% 15 votes
    Yes already have one
    16% 15 votes
    Yes will be buying one soon
    27% 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I buy a new jersey when my other one is broken, so I bought one like 4 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

I bought the pool home jersey last year and was the first new jersey for a few seasons but I like the look of the new away kit so think I'll invest in that this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Nah I think I'll probably be leaving it til next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I buy every home shirt and most of the away/third shirts. Always get them printed as well.

This year it's gonna be Tevez on the home and Ireland on the limited edition 3rd shirt. The away is a bit meh so gonna give it a miss.

Will probably get some training gear too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

No. Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'll buy the new Rovers away jersey.

I quite like that retro 70s United jersey that I've seen around, so may pick that up also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Got the Liverpood away one, and thinking of getting the Barca one online too, maybe printed. the new milan one tickles my fancy too, my i'll probably give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

No, don't like the new united jersey to be honest.

I have bought the new red training top and intend to pick up the blue one when I'm at old trafford though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

going to try to resist this season although I may buy it off one of those bargain websites as a spur of the moment one day...

Got the Liverpool away jersey, best in a long time.

Always get the home jersey which is only changed every 2 years thank fcuk !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Its never a great change and never differs so there is no point in wasting money that could be used for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

our last 2 home jerseys were pretty similar so unless theres a big change for this seasons ill just be buying the away one, which i quite like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Haven't bought one in years, but i did get the new Liverpool Away, Black is the new red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Jerseys are a rip-off at 60 euro a pop, I've seen some websites with thai fakes that look the exact same but at a much cheaper price. I was just wondering has anyone got a jersey off one of these sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Jerseys are a rip-off at 60 euro a pop, I've seen some websites with thai fakes that look the exact same but at a much cheaper price. I was just wondering has anyone got a jersey off one of these sites?

I've bought about 4-5 from bestway4you.com, they all look perfect. Some people will tell you they're poor quality fakes etc. but I haven't seen anything wrong with any of the jerseys from them so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I always get one as a present. I don't think I've ever bought a jersery, and have an United jersery from every season since 92.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have a few old jersies at home, but haven't bought one in an age.

I like to wear training tops and stuff like that, generally stuff that doesn't have the name of some company plastered all over the front of it. I don't like being a walking advertisement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I might get the getafe one for poops and giggles if i see it around :p Other than that i wont bother unless i see something nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I heard of a fella last week who got the new Man Utd jersey and asked for 10 Torres to be printed on the back cos Man U was his favourite team but Torres was his favourite player.

Dunno what age the lad was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I always get the United home one, usually printed. I usually get the away one if its nice, like the 3rd kit last year, the blue one.

I like to collect jerseys too... Boca, Sheffield Wednesday, Sporting Lisbon, Valencia. Quite like the new Barca jersey this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I never understand why people buy other club's or countries jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I might get the getafe one for poops and giggles if i see it around :p Other than that i wont bother unless i see something nice

Why Getafe? Is there a joke i am missing out on or is it just something personal?

To answer the question, I havent bought a new jersey in years. Think the last kit i got was a Juventus that someone me for my birthday, the Liverpool one i have is about 4 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Bought the new Liverpool away jersey a few weeks ago and plan to get their new euro jersey cos it's quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I will purchase the Arsenal away shirt at some stage. I seem to be in the minority of people who like it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Why Getafe? Is there a joke i am missing out on or is it just something personal?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61201303&postcount=435

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After initially not liking the United one, I bought it once I saw a non-wrinkled version. Will get Owen 7 on back with Champions badges. I usually buy 1 a year. My previous ones were Anderson, Giggs, Rooney (10 and 8) and I also have one I received for my 30th which has my name and 30 on the back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I don't normally buy jersies but I quite like the new Rovers away jersey so will buy that when it's available.

0002755f10dr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

im faced with the same problem as always if i dont buy the new coventry kit who will so yes i wll help keep the club a float.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

I've bought about 4-5 from bestway4you.com, they all look perfect. Some people will tell you they're poor quality fakes etc. but I haven't seen anything wrong with any of the jerseys from them so far.

Same as, though they still hadn't got the united one as of yesterday, and as of today none of their sites seem to be working-

www.bestway4you.com
    www.easyjung.com
    www.jomzajung.com

• Advertisement

jesterhead wrote: »
    Same as, though they still hadn't got the united one as of yesterday, and as of today none of their sites seem to be working-

www.bestway4you.com
    www.easyjung.com
    www.jomzajung.com

Jester how would you compare these jerseys to the authentic jerseys in the sports shops. Would you notice a difference, I've been thinking of getting one for the past while but want to get peoples view on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got my old United jersey from that site, I had sitting beside my brother's real one and there's barely differenence between them. The only difference is between them is that the fake one seemed transparant when held up to light.

Here's a Thai site selling the new jersey

http://bkkjersey.com/index.php?mod=view-pro&id=153

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Jester how would you compare these jerseys to the authentic jerseys in the sports shops. Would you notice a difference, I've been thinking of getting one for the past while but want to get peoples view on them.

In any of the ones I bought, I noticed no difference apart from the jerseys lacking official tags on the inside. That said, the Nike ones have the bit printed in behind the neck, nice touch. I've ordered a United home, Arsenal away, Milan away, Madrid away and Roma away and all have been perfect. Proper lettering and numbering on the back too, which most shops here don't do.

Go regular size for Nike shirts, a size up for Kappa and a size down for Adidas.

Cheers to the above poster too for that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I always buy when the new home jersey comes out, rarely for the away one (although my dad did by the new away one and I'm very tempted).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Same as, though they still hadn't got the united one as of yesterday

Yeah they're fairly useless at having things in stock. I waited about 3 months before they had this season's Arsenal home jersey in my size.

They have a few of next season's jersey's up. Barca, Chelsea, Bayern. The United one will be up soon enough I'd say. Although it looks like they're redesigning their site so it may be down for a while.

creggy wrote: »
    I got my old United jersey from that site, I had sitting beside my brother's real one and there's barely differenence between them. The only difference is between them is that the fake one seemed transparant when held up to light.

Here's a Thai site selling the new jersey

http://bkkjersey.com/index.php?mod=view-pro&id=153

Anyone have experience with this site? I'd prefer to order off bestway4you as I've dealt with them in the past but this site looks good too. Also, if you order in Aussie Dollars there's no postage cost, would it make it here then though!?

• Advertisement

Jester I can't seem to get into bestway4u site any ways on how to get in?

You also said free delievery it that true and how long does it take to deliver?

Whoops sorry I meant on the bkkjersey site there's no delivery cost in AUD, but I dunno if they'll allow us to order in anything but euro. Don't know anythin about that site really and I'm reluctant to order from it unless someone posts feedback here.

As for bestway4you, their 3 sites are all down at the minute, so they've either been shut down or are getting new sites up. Postage on bestway is £6 for the first shirt and £4 for every one after that and took on average 2-3 weeks I think.

In any of the ones I bought, I noticed no difference apart from the jerseys lacking official tags on the inside. That said, the Nike ones have the bit printed in behind the neck, nice touch. I've ordered a United home, Arsenal away, Milan away, Madrid away and Roma away and all have been perfect. Proper lettering and numbering on the back too, which most shops here don't do.

Go regular size for Nike shirts, a size up for Kappa and a size down for Adidas.

Cheers to the above poster too for that link.

Thanks for the advise Jester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I shall buy the new Athletic Bilbao jersey and perhaps a new Euskedi jersey if there is one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'll be buying the new spurs away jersey this years home one is just like last years with some mustard sprayed on.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

seen a few of ya's going for the rovers jersey, didn't realise there was so many from sligo here

:D

me, got the liverpool home jersey last season, so thats good till the end of this one, considering getting a polo shirt or the new tracksuit this season, and must finnaly get my self an AFC wimbledon shirt, with the bluesquare conference league badge on the sleave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm sticking with the 07/08 Man Utd jersey which was almost the same as last seasons one and I hate the new united one. It was obviously only marketed for guys, that jersey would be horrible on girls.

The nicest one for this season I think is (and it pains me to say this) the Liverpool away kit. It is really nice!

RasTa wrote: »
    I never understand why people buy other club's or countries jerseys.

Well, in fairness, you don't have to understand it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

The new United jersey looks more like training kit than a proper shirt and it's only going to be around for one season before the sponsors change so I'll be abstaining.

The new United jersey looks more like training kit than a proper shirt and it's only going to be around for one season before the sponsors change so I'll be abstaining.

I was wondering about this myself.... will they just change the sponsor or bring out a newly designed home kit also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Investing in the new Shels away jersey soon, it's white and I love white jersies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Got burned by United's first AIG jersey, so I'm on the fence over the new one's. I normally get the home jersey, got Vidic's name and number on the last one, was hoping that it would last one more season. I think that our keeper's this season looks deadly, that red V should ruin it, but I think it looks nice.

On a related note, I wish that when United bring out a black away jersey, that they'd stick to it for a bit longer than they usually do. Liverpool have a black away jersey this year, and it looks the business. I wish that we'd kept our one from two seasons ago instead of the blue strip that we had last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I was wondering about this myself.... will they just change the sponsor or bring out a newly designed home kit also?

No there will be three new kits next season, this is one is to only commemorate the first year playing at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Tyranax wrote: »
    Got burned by United's first AIG jersey, so I'm on the fence over the new one's. I normally get the home jersey, got Vidic's name and number on the last one, was hoping that it would last one more season. I think that our keeper's this season looks deadly, that red V should ruin it, but I think it looks nice.

On a related note, I wish that when United bring out a black away jersey, that they'd stick to it for a bit longer than they usually do. Liverpool have a black away jersey this year, and it looks the business. I wish that we'd kept our one from two seasons ago instead of the blue strip that we had last year.

We will probably have a black one this year, sadly it could be ruined with a blue V, even sadder it will probably only be around for a year.

EDIT: On topic I'm waiting to see what the away one looks like before deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

SuprSi wrote: »
    I know it's related to the new jerseys thread (maybe we could merge them?) but I'm curious to know whether the economic climate is affecting the sale of jerseys, or what the general consensus is when it comes to new jerseys being released each year.

The recession cheapened them out something shocking. Got a Dutch jersey for 20 euro and a Celtic for 25 in January :) Here in Oz you can get very decent knock offs for the equiv of 13 euro in the markets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement