Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you buying a new jersey this season?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Yes.
    I've bought the away and third kit.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nah not getting it, I only ever wear my jersey when going for a kick about or around the house... and that was a jersey I got for Christmas. Replica shirts on grown men is looks just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I was gonna get the home shirt with Vialli 9 on the back but I lacked the patience to wait so I just bought it in champion sports, gonna pick up our new away one on Thursdays too, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Well I bit the bullet and ordered from bkkjersey.com I'll report back on my findings when the shirt arrives. Got the Utd home shirt with O'Shea on the back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not to keen on the United home though I may pick it up off that thai site for that price. I'm waiting to see the away and am still waiting to decide where to buy the Zenit jersey because it's class (No knock off sites stock it:().

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Our jerseys are cack this season imo so no chance of me buying any of them. I really think the home one is terrible. I'm going to be p!ssed off looking at them on the players all season.
    I rarely buy jerseys anyway unless I really like them and the mood takes me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

creggy wrote: »
    No there will be three new kits next season, this is one is to only commemorate the first year playing at Old Trafford.

I thought it was supposed to commemorate the 1909 cup final with when United wore the V on the white jersey against Bristol City?

Or maybe thats the goalkeepers jersey, because its white with a red V the same as the outfield one in that final, and the home outfield one is to commemorate Old Trafford.

I don't know, it may be a nice sentiment but still....not the best looking jerseys ever, I will admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Me liking the look of my home shirt will have no reflection on whether I buy it or not. I buy it to show support to my club not because i think the particular shirt is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Me liking the look of my home shirt will have no reflection on whether I buy it or not. I buy it to show support to my club not because i think the particular shirt is nice.

In my opinion, my opinion now, there are much better and less tacky ways of showing support for one's club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Des wrote: »
    In my opinion, my opinion now, there are much better and less tacky ways of showing support for one's club.

yeah i hear what you are saying. Im not saying its the optimal way, im just saying thats the only reason i would buy the shirt and not due to any fashion bs.

I have and will never buy a shirt from another team because i 'like the look of it'.

edit: and why do you think its tacky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

How are United ever going to clear that debt mountain when yous are all buying knock-off shirts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

jesterhead wrote: »
    Well I bit the bullet and ordered from bkkjersey.com I'll report back on my findings when the shirt arrives. Got the Utd home shirt with O'Shea on the back!

Ya Jester comment back when you get it. I'm thinking of bitting the bullet and going for one aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My birthday is in August so somebody usually gets me the latest Gunner gear. Not that keen on our strips this season so saves me having to buy it reluctantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Will be buying Shamrock Rovers home one when the online shop is running again.

United home one is rotten this year, might get the white goalkeeper one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

will be getting the bumble bee top when it comes out next month

mon teh hupes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

keano_afc wrote: »
    the latest Gunner gear. Not that keen on our strips this season so saves me having to buy it reluctantly.

I thought the same until i saw them in the flesh.
    Have only tried on the third kit after they arrived, but i have to say it is the most comfortable Arsenal jersey i have ever worn.

I have a quick question about bkkjerseys.com. When you order in Australian Dollars shipping is FREE!:D but would it get to Ireland then???:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Often would but the Arsenal kits are horrible this year so giving it a miss.

Bestway4you is back up and running, thinking of buying a jersey off this site but would like feedback from someone?

Couldn't reccomend bestway enough to be honest. As for bkk, I ordered a week ago, their site claims to ship within 24 hours. It hasn't shipped yet and they have not replied to any emails or messages I've sent them. I've opened up a paypal dispute over it. I WISH bestway had the new United jersey, thats where I'd get it from. New away shirt is sweet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Ordered the Liverpool Jersey there...the fact that they take Paypal gives some comfort, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered. I used http://www.bornprosper.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

i always get citys home jersey but was gonna stop buying jerseys cos citys ones have been crap for a while, but i really like the new one. got it a couple of weeks ago, itll do me for a while now i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

uRbaN wrote: »
    Ordered the Liverpool Jersey there...the fact that they take Paypal gives some comfort, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered. I used http://www.bornprosper.com/

You'll be grand. Bought about 5 jerseys off them, no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i May pick up the utd away jersey, i actually like it! but like many posters here ill pick it up when it is available on a cheap knock off site!

Has anyone come across cheap United shirts, home and away? Any of the thai sites have them?

Just got my Utd home jersey from bkkjersey.com, and I must say it's impeccable. Too small for me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I shall as soon as i can find the cash to order Athletic Bilbao with Llorente 9 on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sweet retro rovers jersey coming out soon.

Will probably get this and the 1977 United one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Was over in Easter Road for the first game of the season and bought the new Hibs away shirt very nice indeed,also bought the new liverpool away on jomzajung no difference to the authentic one my brother has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

No, unfotunately I'm too fat and I'd look ridiculous if I tried to squeeze into one these days! :(

Unable to vote as there's no appropriate option available in the poll for my dilemma.

• Advertisement

jesterhead wrote: »
    Just got my Utd home jersey from bkkjersey.com, and I must say it's impeccable. Too small for me though!

Why are their sizes smaller and your saying they're just like the real thing?

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Why are their sizes smaller and your saying they're just like the real thing?

Yeah it was smaller than the measurements on the site. Perfect quality though, can't spot any difference to the real thing. Had to wait a month for delivery though. bestway4you.com now have them in stock in large so I've ordered from there now.

Advertisement