Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'I wed Iranian girls before execution'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Fcuking backwards country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

It depresses me that this **** is still happening.
    Bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Before screaming murder you might want to think about how credible a source the Jerusalem Post is when it comes to 'news' on what's happening in Iran. Reporting on an anonymous telephone interview. Badabing.

Why do I even have to point this out? Have you people no brains yourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

realcam wrote: »
    Before screaming murder you might want to think about how credible a source the Jerusalem Post is when it comes to 'news' on what's happening in Iran. Reporting on an anonymous telephone interview. Badabing.

Agreed.

99% chance of that articel being 100% bullsh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's been this way for a long time, is Iraq already running out of their oil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

realcam wrote: »

Yeah, it's just the whole consept of this as a news story is kinda mind numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

"The interview took place by telephone, and on condition of anonymity. It was arranged by a reliable source whose identity can also not be revealed. "

It's also on the Jerusalem Post website. 2 + 2 = ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Fcuking backwards country region

Better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

That's not from an interview with Henry VIII is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Fcuking backwards country

But enough about Ireland....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can someone cut and paste the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A real news source please, and not Israeli propaganda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Can someone cut and paste the story?

Here ya go...
    story about a 47 year old woman from Stafford who married her cat.

This woman has 3 cats named Willi Whizkas, Little Dumpty Roo and Tushtots (says it all really ). Tushtots is her favourite so she has to try hard not to make the other two cats feel left out. She even implies that she loves Tushtots more than her husband of 19 years She wanted to Tushtots to know how committed she was to him and decided to marry him. Her friends rightly so thought she was mad.

She persuaded her poor sap of a husband to give her away and he took the service. She wore her poshest dress and a tiara and walked down the aisle to "Love Cats" by the Cure and she says the service bought tears to her eyes. They made their vows and Tushtots got a new collar and "What's New Pussycat" rounded the ceremony off. There was even champagne and cake

I felt sorry for her because the cat has just been diagnosed with kidney failure and they don't know how long he has got left. But most people would deal with this sitution without marrying the pet.

This woman is barmy, in my opinion. The only reason I could think of that made her love for her cat a bit more plausible was the fact no children were mentioned in the article so this cat was a substitute for a child she never had.

I have a 3 year old black labrador called Ellie and she is like a member of the family. I would be upset if anything happened to her but I would NEVER not in my wildest dreams marry her. I love her no more than my fiancé or my little 5 month old daughter.

It's the same with these doggy weddings, it's insane. People who get two dogs to marry. There was one woman who was talking about her doggy wedding and she was gushing like it was her child that got married!

Absolutely crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

they're always from stafford aren't they :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Who cares?

Lots of people :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

A real news source please, and not Israeli propaganda.
    Get serious! Not everything is 'Israeli' propaganda. You can't have failed to notice that the current Iranian regime is brutal and repressive of their own people. That's not Israeli propaganda that's the reality. Mostly this news comes from Iranians themselves. This time it happens to be an Israeli newspaper. Israel is a free country after all, unlike certain others.

Next you'll be telling us Hamas are peace loving and tolerant and haven't murdered any Fatah supporters or fired a single rocket at Israel.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You can't have failed to notice that the current Iranian regime is brutal and repressive of their own people.

I don't see how the current regime is so brutal and oppresive - she wanted to marry the cat!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You do realise this is After Hours and most posters don't have brains, hence the 'IBTL'...'yore me' etc posts!!!

Get serious! Not everything is 'Israeli' propaganda. You can't have failed to notice that the current Iranian regime is brutal and repressive of their own people. That's not Israeli propaganda that's the reality. Mostly this news comes from Iranians themselves. This time it happens to be an Israeli newspaper. Israel is a free country after all, unlike certain others.

I'm as serious as a heart-attack.

An anonymous phone-call makes a claim, and then they report on it with the expectation that we should believe it. If I'm going to look for a fair and balanced news-source on anything related to Iran, I'm certainly not going to read anything written in Israel. There is an agenda and bias, which leads in an unfair view of Iran.
    Next you'll be telling us Hamas are peace loving and tolerant and haven't murdered any Fatah supporters or fired a single rocket at Israel.:rolleyes:

What has that to do with the topic at hand? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Hamas are not peace loving and tolerant, and have fired rockets into Israel.

The Jerusalem Post is not an unbiased source into Iranian news.

Hamas are not peace loving and tolerant, and have fired rockets into Israel.

Nail on the head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I like Hummus.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Here ya go...

lol

It doesn't mean they're lying. Biased or not they could be telling the truth and given our knowledge of the Iranian regime you know it's closer to the truth than you might want to believe. Your obvious distaste for Israel shouldn't blind you to the obvious.

If I may say so the retort is a bit glib, well done on that:rolleyes:

I've no distaste for Israeli people. I've lots of distaste for the Israeli Government and it's puppet media.

I stated two facts. You claim my reply was glib, but you built yourself a strawman about Hamas to deflect awaqy from criticism of the crappy reporting by the jpost.

It doesn't mean they're lying.

That's not the issue - The issue is your blind faith in Israeli news discussing topics related to Iran. Israel is known as a state which has a distinct disdain for Iran, and it's news sources should not be the first place you look for a balanced account of Iran.
    Biased or not they could be telling the truth and given our knowledge of the Iranian regime you know it's closer to the truth than you might want to believe.

Speak for yourself. If a few, unbiased media sources report on it - then it should be worth discussing. But not when propaganda paper, Jerusalem Post reports on it.

Your're right, clearly anything written in Israeli newspapers are lies and propaganda and should not be believed. :rolleyes:

I wonder General Zod, do you have any distaste for the Iranian government and it's puppet media?

dlofnep, define unbiased media. Most media is biased, as a rule we read the media that fits best with our own bias.

Are either of you, prepared to believe that their might be scintilla of truth in this report? Maybe you believe Iran is a utopian country much maligned by those nasty Israelis.:confused:

Your're right, clearly anything written in Israeli newspapers are lies and propaganda and should not be believed. :rolleyes:

I wonder General Zod, do you have any distaste for the Iranian government and it's puppet media?

Yes, I do. I don't believe a theocracy is a fair system of government.
    Are either of you, prepared to believe that their might be scintilla of truth in this report?

an anonymous phone call from unverified sources is not unbiased journalism.
    Maybe you believe Iran is a utopian country much maligned by those nasty Israelis.:confused:

Again with the strawman arguments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I would never accept the word of the Israeli press when it comes to Iranian affairs.

However, everything disseminated about Israel via the Iranian press is accurate.

That goes without saying.

stovelid wrote: »
    I would never accept the word of the Israeli press when it comes to Iranian affairs.

However, everything disseminated about Israel via the Iranian press is accurate.

That goes without saying.
    I doubt you'd find anyone in the thread who has commented on the veracity of the Jerusalem Post article who would agree with your second sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

On a quick google, I can find references in the Huffington Post, and on news.com.au, but they all are the same Jerusalem Post article.

I like others amn't sure if I can trust it because of the Israeli nuclear warships thing going on the Red Sea right now. Effectively Israel and Iran are on a standoff now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Given that a banner above the article says 'The Iranian Threat' I would also be dubious about the 'unnamed' source!

That said they do have a different outlook on life in that region of the world that is dominated by bull****, religion, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

ibts

*in before the shylock

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Just to add to the debate on how accurate the article is

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1246443842931&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&ref=hotair

the link ends in "hotair" is that relevant at all ?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

NUKE THEM ...............

USA

USA

USA

Advertisement