Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Wax Museum

Options
  • 21-07-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if it has re-opened? I'd like to have a look there!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

There is no Madame Tussauds in Dublin and I don't think there ever has been. There was a wax museum but that's a hotel now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Is that not in London :confused:???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

If you mean the wax museum it's supposed to be reopening soon beside BOI on College Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Boo. It should be on the Northside, incl. tunnels.

I think there used to be a wax figure of Madame Tussaud in the lobby. It may have been Florence Nighting gale though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

LOL!!!! I meant The wax museum!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Hi guys,

I'm heading up to Dublin soon and just wondering if ye know whether the Wax museum is open now?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it looks like its open according to this page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

It's not opened yet. I dropped a tourist up to foster place on monday and it's still being renovated. They said a couple of weeks more before it opens,just when the tourist seasons ends ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Can't wait!

Love wax museums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

BETTER HAVE THE TUNNELS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

Don't get your hopes up, it was awful before, just some tatty project of a senator that won't let it die.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

sory to bring back up an old thread... but anyone been here lately? any good?:D

Same as always really. If you loved it before you'll still love it.

And yes they still have tunnels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stockings

Yeah. It's not astounding, but it's not bad. The tunnels are great! :D Meant for kids but grown ups can fit too. Make sure you stick your head in the bubbles in the roof - there be cool things up there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

It's better than the Leprechaun museum :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Stockings

I do want to go and see the Leprechaun Museum. It's about five minutes' walk away from me, but I always think of a better thing to do - like have a bowl of cereal or look out the window. My expectations aren't high, but, I would like to tick it off my list. Is it really that bad?? It sounds atrocious!

It's good fun. No one really looks like they're supposed to, but that's funny.

It's very well laid out in it's new home, they use each of the old bank vaults to represent a different chapter in Irish history.

I'm a wax museum addict and always hunt them down when I'm away and I'm pretty proud of the Dublin museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

going to make my way up tomorrow and see whats its like.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

they didnt have the tunnels! not the two from when I was a kid anyway. Majorly disappointed. They had ONE tunnel which was ridiculously short, it didn't even have any turns AND was lit up so you could see where you were going. I complained and was told that parents were complaining about their children getting hurt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If anybody wants to see this and doesnt wanna pay full price,this crowd are doing a special offer for today and tommorow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wise01

going to make my way up tomorrow and see whats its like.....:D
    i wouldn't bother...no tunnels..yep its pretty bad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

wise01 wrote: »
    i wouldn't bother...no tunnels..yep its pretty bad:(

That is timely advice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What this wax museum needs is more brown signs showing you where it is, and a big tacky homemade red sign outside BoI. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Nolanger wrote: »

leprachaun museum is well intentioned but unfortunately targeted at children and tourists.
    I was in Marley park the other day and they had a tree stump which was called a fairy tree and making a cheap mockery of the sceach.

MadsL wrote: »
    What this wax museum needs is more brown signs showing you where it is, and a big tacky homemade red sign outside BoI. :rolleyes:

it contains a lot of figures from the eighties that have long passed their sell by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

they haves the the mutant ninjaz turtlez and simpsons and batman from 1989 film as well as pope john pauls whos deads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Nolanger wrote: »

We have a leperchaun museum ????

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    We have a leperchaun museum ????

there are better ways to spend ten euros.

Advertisement