Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Beers

Options
  • 21-07-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of orgainising a Limerick Beers; as far as I can see there hasn't been one in a while so it might be a chance to meet up with some new or not so new people.

I don't have any specific dates or venues yet. If anyone is interested, maybe suggest a few venues or dates so we can get a consencus on what people want to do.

Anyway, if you're interested let us know.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tommiejoie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of orgainising a Limerick Beers; as far as I can see there hasn't been one in a while so it might be a chance to meet up with some new or not so new people.

I don't have any specific dates or venues yet. If anyone is interested, maybe suggest a few venues or dates so we can get a consencus on what people want to do.

Anyway, if you're interested let us know.

Cheers.

This was suggested about a month ago, received a fairly good reception from the forum, and then never happened. Have a look back on some of the old threads to see what kind of problems popped up before.

Once again, I would be very interested in attending a Limerick Boards Beers if I thought it would actually take place...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tommiejoie

An File wrote: »
    This was suggested about a month ago, received a fairly good reception from the forum, and then never happened. Have a look back on some of the old threads to see what kind of problems popped up before.

Once again, I would be very interested in attending a Limerick Boards Beers if I thought it would actually take place...

Ok, I had a look at the last thread and I think the main thing is that people couldnt decide on a date. So what we'll do is get a few suggestions and put it to a poll for date & venue. And then its settled. Hows that sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Here we go again :)

Anyway, like An File said, i'd be up for a Beers too, if a date and venue is set and if it doesnt just end up being me, An File and 99er....not that i don't enjoy you guy's company :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There was an impromptu beers in the Ardhu tonight. Again with the 3 mentioned above, however TheInquisitor and TheKnowledge had been there. It's a great venue, and only 15 mins walk from town for those leaving cars at home. Date?? there's never going to be one that catches even half the interested people, plus it's holiday season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just to make sure people actually see this thing!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=476

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anybody up for watching Limerick Tipp match on Sunday? Thinking about going to The Stillhouse and you can keep one eye on the Spurs Pool match which starts at 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

this boards meet up sounds fun!!but dont go to the stillhouse its a bit chavastic.the locke sounded perfect how did it go?for hurling id say patsys or clem smiths we have yanks over and if they dont go to croke park they want to go to a pub to watch it.

Yeah Clem Smiths sounds good. Wonder will any of the Tipp heads be up for going there for abit of banter?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

YFlyer wrote: »
    Yeah Clem Smiths sounds good. Wonder will any of the Tipp heads be up for going there for abit of banter?
    Spurs, pool? Tipp, Limerick? I think it would have more of a chance if ye picked a rugby pub, otherwise have it somewhere in the county.

• Advertisement

Maybe plan a boards fancy dress or theme party?advertise it for a month before hand

Not a souless rugby pub for a hurling match!!do somewhere where they will be hurling fans and banter,then go to a rugby pub for rugby match

Spurs, pool? Tipp, Limerick? I think it would have more of a chance if ye picked a rugby pub, otherwise have it somewhere in the county.

I be quite confident that Clem Smiths would be showing the Hurling. Stillhouse will be showing Hurling plus the Mighty Spurs.

Maybe Dolans would show both.

Advertisement