Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pizza at Lunch = Bad Idea

• 21-07-2009 2:41pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im not a fan of cheese sandwiches and such for lunch, heck, I dont like brekkie rolls either.

Anyways, decided to skim away from the norm and skip to a pizza today for lunch (which would be my dinner then, of course). Ugh!! Stomach pains. Downing a pizza on your work break has taken its toll on me, I wouldnt recommend it.

So what food do you eat that normally wouldnt be considered 'lunch'?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's your stomach, not the pizza.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    That's your stomach, not the pizza.

your point? im not dissing pizza, im just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Where did you get the pizza from?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

kinetic wrote: »
    Where did you get the pizza from?

mizzonis! the one and only. love the pizza there. dont normally have it for lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

your point? im not dissing pizza, im just saying.

My point being that pizza a very acceptable choice for luncheon, dear boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

i love a bowl of crunchy nut cornflaskes as a snack at any time ya cant beat them.

sigh. as i said its something away from the norm for me and i dont consider it lunch at all. this is the point im trying to get across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I had 23 slices at a Pizza Hut 'all you can eat' during my lunch about two years ago. It was great, I won teh race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

*monocle pops out*

Sir, i'll thank you not to speak to the proles like that, it gives them ideas above their station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

mizzonis! the one and only. love the pizza there. dont normally have it for lunch.

mizzonis defo have the nicest pizza going i wish i had one for lunch now instead of soup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Lightweight.

Pizza is food to be enjoyed at any time.

gawd i fail big time. i cant eat it anytime in the morning or at lunch. it just turns my stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

pizza for breakfast is soo much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

pizza for breakfast is soo much better!

Has to be cold pizza from the night before... mmmmmm .......

*monocle pops out*

Sir, i'll thank you not to speak to the proles like that, it gives them ideas above their station.

One accepts your point of view, but please do remember that the pizza is the opium of the proles.

Well, actually, opium is the opium of the proles, but you understand, of course.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread-fail! :D

Pizza rocks around the clock. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You cannot beat morning wood pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I had a KFC snackbox one lunchtime that just sat there in my stomach doing nothing for hours. Must have been the chips. I love KFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

mizzonis!

That's your problem right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

was in said mizzonis once..getting chips as the 'chef' picked his nose over the fryer!!!

anyway back on topic....cant beat a chicken fillet sandwich for lunch (chicken fillet rolls make me sick for some odd reason!!)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Has to be cold pizza from the night before... mmmmmm .......

With coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Had a Domino's cheap Tuesday for lunch yesterday, AU$5.90 or 3.38 euro for a large pizza..wasn't complaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Any time is pizza time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

last weeks lunch menu

mon:duck roasted in cointreau,thyme infused crushed potato augmented by aspargus & goat's cheese tartlets.Marvellous!

tues:sauteed breast of guinea fowl, fresh english asparagus with a hollandaise sauce

wed:couscous stuffed vine leaves with tawny port drizzle

thurs:Grilled turbot with mushroom ravioli and jus diable.. le plateau de fromages affines par Bernard Antony

fri:medley of roasted pheasant and chestnut jus with balsamic roasted vegetables

sat:Mung Bean Dhal and goose-egg bhuna washed down with Chateau Tiger

sun: 12 pints of bulmers,grandslam of naans challenge - keema, peshwari, garlic and plain

whats gout ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I often have a packet crisps for breakfast :pac: either that or nothing. I'm not a breakfast fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Derek B wrote: »
    Had a Domino's cheap Tuesday for lunch yesterday, AU$5.90 or 3.38 euro for a large pizza..wasn't complaining!

Dominos in australia sucks ass though. Pizza Max all the way! Mmm.. floppy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pizza. They've even got pictures of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the menu.

must be good so!! turtle pizza mmmmmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Derek B wrote: »

Got that in Byron before getting on Sydney bus, had to eat it in bout 5 minutes. Duly done! Bloody best deal...they love their Tuesdays over here.

Now my mouth is watering, think I'll head to town and get pizza somewhere!

Mushy wrote: »
    Got that in Byron before getting on Sydney bus, had to eat it in bout 5 minutes. Duly done! Bloody best deal...they love their Tuesdays over here.

Now my mouth is watering, think I'll head to town and get pizza somewhere!

thought you'd be more a peas man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

soundsham wrote: »
    thought you'd be more a peas man.

Ba-dum...nah, fail, I hate peas. Name comes from something totally different! Why am I still sitting here...want pizza, and havent had breakfast...should get moving!

from something different i'm intrigue. .........zzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Pizza ,especially the stone base thick base one, leaves me very constipated.

Last time I had a 16 inch one, I has to introduce a few suppositories as i gummed up big time.

Blew out the load thankfully not at home but in The Racket Hall Hotel on the way through Roscrea.

The whole bog was left like a fcukin mini explosion of a sack of English Mustard.

Sorry lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

16 inchs of thick bread, fat and salt and you didn't expect to be constipated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If pizza was not meant to be enjoyed at lunch time then pizza places would all be closed and all lunch time specials would be disposed of immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I've gone to the Chinese restaurants on Capel street the odd time for lunch. €9.95 for a starter, main course and soft drink............. great value.

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment street have possibly the best value going. €9.95 during the week for a starter, pasta or pizza and a glass of wine. The pizza's are HUGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

mizzonis defo have the nicest pizza going i wish i had one for lunch now instead of soup.

You have just displayed your complete lack of understanding of all things pizza related. Have you ever actually had a proper pizza rather than the vile muck that places like mizzonis sell to idiots? pizza out of any fast food type place in ireland is pure muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good commercial pizza is hard to come by frankly. Especially in Ireland. Ye mad?

If you're in New York, dont get any: it will blow your fcuking minds and I daresay when you get home you may never be able to look at your round cheese biscuits the same way again.

If you're going to do it at all, take the extra time and learn to do it at home, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

On the pizza side, however light sandwich is not a bad choice. Full meal makes me too sleepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

Hmnn I've gone to the Chinese restaurants on Capel street the odd time for lunch. €9.95 for a starter, main course and soft drink............. great value.

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment street have possibly the best value going. €9.95 during the week for a starter, pasta or pizza and a glass of wine. The pizza's are HUGE.

Ciao Bella Roma has really good Carbonarra

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Pizza ,especially the stone base thick base one, leaves me very constipated.

Last time I had a 16 inch one, I has to introduce a few suppositories as i gummed up big time.

Blew out the load thankfully not at home but in The Racket Hall Hotel on the way through Roscrea.

The whole bog was left like a fcukin mini explosion of a sack of English Mustard.

Sorry lads.

i nearly spat out the water i was drinking on the screen when i read this! :pac:

not a big fan of heavy lunches, makes you woozy for the afternoon at work. love dominos for din dins though

Advertisement