Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading HP Bios

Options
  • 21-07-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Not sure this is the right place for this thread but here it goes,

I was asked to fix a HP laptop, it was originally Vista but has been changed to XP...Since the change the Wireless Card will not activate...I have checked the Driver and the Utility and all are correct for the make, i have checked the Bios and the Firmware version is incorrect for the make of laptop...

I dont know how they managed to change the firmware but all i know is i need to upgrade this...I have tried to do so by downloading a patch from HP website but i was unsucessful...From previous experienced i was under the impression the bios was upgraded through the bios and nor windows...

I cannot find how to do this on the HP bios and i am looking for help...
    Can any1 adv on this please

P.S please do not show me links to the HP website its absolutely un-helpful in it tell you to download this this and that but none of the patches work...

Looking for a Manual fix for this...

Advertisement