Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats Damo

Options
  • 21-07-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Just found this in Broadcast news:

Daytime scheduler and former children’s commissioning exec Damian Kavanagh has landed the job of CBBC controller.:D

Is the former IPC runner up really head of kids programming for BBC?

If only.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

FeetMagic wrote: »
    :confused:

Len has gone insane

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm sure the Eglinton will throw a party for this lad anyways ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Fatboydim wrote: »

Daytime scheduler and former children’s commissioning exec Damian Kavanagh has landed the job of CBBC controller.:D

If only.

Are you referring to daimien kent otherwise know as damo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

big_iain wrote: »

No, he's referring to Damian Kavanagh. Well known and likable bloke around the Dublin/Irish seen but hasn't been seen much in recent times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

lol
    No he is being sarcastic about Damo Kavenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Fatboydim wrote: »

If only.

it's actually true.

Howryiz kids, no messin but i havn't a scooby doo what to put on next so here is yogi bear , I don't know lads will anyone like this, give it a go anyway. fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm sure the Eglinton will throw a party for this lad anyways ;)

PARTY AT THE EGLINTON FOR DAMO

Congrats to Damo kavanagh long time club member and now head of childerens TV at the BBC
    A fantastic achievement for one of our long time friends and regular players . In a press relase circulated to all the major news rooms earlier today Damien is quoted as saying " I am delighted to take up the role as head of CBBC , it is a culmination of my lifes work , It is difficult to single out one particular person or persons but I have to say that only for I play poker @ The Eglinton I would never have achieved anything . Being sourrounded by such a bunch of animated muppets acting like complete children has been my main source of inspiration and creativity ...."

In honour of Damos win we are throwing a party , It will start in Eyer's square where he will be given the key to the city by the mayor , he will then take part in a MACNAS parade through the city where ( whilst up on the back of their 60ft firebreathing dragon ) he will throw out specially minted poker chips (with his face on one side and a €10 free bet on the other side ) into the crowd .

At the conclusion of the parade , The Saw Doctor's will hold an open air concert and perform their latest release " poker I hardly knew her " in Damo's honour

After that its back to the club where we are adding €350 to the prize pool !!!!!!

There will be an assortment of fun and games , and we have flown in " special entertainers " from vegas and no ....... not that type of entertainers ya filthy animals !!!

Penn and Teller will be performing live in the club :eek:

Anyone interested in making the trip down I will pay for your flights , hotels rooms , food , potential hospital bills and what ever substance abuse you are into .

So please feel free to contact me or visit the following link
    www.f**krightoff.com
    or email me at
    davec@takingthepiss.com

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

big_iain wrote: »
    Its definately not me , I cant control me own kids:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

PARTY AT THE EGLINTON FOR DAMO

Congrats to Damo kavanagh long time club member and now head of childerens TV at the BBC
    A fantastic achievement for one of our long time friends and regular players . In a press relase circulated to all the major news rooms earlier today Damien is quoted as saying " I am delighted to take up the role as head of CBBC , it is a culmination of my lifes work , It is difficult to single out one particular person or persons but I have to say that only for I play poker @ The Eglinton I would never have achieved anything . Being sourrounded by such a bunch of animated muppets acting like complete children has been my main source of inspiration and creativity ...."

In honour of Damos win we are throwing a party , It will start in Eyer's square where he will be given the key to the city by the mayor , he will then take part in a MACNAS parade through the city where ( whilst up on the back of their 60ft firebreathing dragon ) he will throw out specially minted poker chips (with his face on one side and a €10 free bet on the other side ) into the crowd .

At the conclusion of the parade , The Saw Doctor's will hold an open air concert and perform their latest release " poker I hardly knew her " in Damo's honour

After that its back to the club where we are adding €350 to the prize pool !!!!!!

There will be an assortment of fun and games , and we have flown in " special entertainers " from vegas and no ....... not that type of entertainers ya filthy animals !!!

Penn and Teller will be performing live in the club :eek:

Anyone interested in making the trip down I will pay for your flights , hotels rooms , food , potential hospital bills and what ever substance abuse you are into .

So please feel free to contact me or visit the following link
    www.f**krightoff.com
    or email me at
    davec@takingthepiss.com

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Book me a room. I'm in :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

into a bit of watersports dave? you should have checked www.takingthepiss.com before you publicly admitted to having an email account there.

Your name is now officially Dave Curpiss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

toHex wrote: »
    into a bit of watersports dave? you should have checked www.takingthepiss.com before you publicly admitted to having an email account there.

Your name is now officially Dave Curpiss :D

lol ..... I bet if I got your missus to check the credit card transactions you'd be in the dog house for a few nights ya perv !!!!

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only mean that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around it is dark” Monty Python ( and Blackadder methinks )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

lol ..... I bet if I got your missus to check the credit card transactions you'd be in the dog house for a few nights ya perv !!!!

if that site helped explain what "pstars" meant on my credit card statement I'd be happy enough :)

Advertisement