Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books by Ben Mezrich

Options
  • 21-07-2009 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone read any of this guys books?

Picked up one a few months back and got hooked on them, had to but most of them from amazon in the states as there not all in ireland.

Just wondering your views on his books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've only read bringing down the house, and although people rave about it, I didn't think much of it - it seemed really padded out and sensationalised in parts. It felt a bit like a feature in a magazine stretched into a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

i wasnt mad about that book, but try read "rigged" its an amazing true story. has to be the best book i have ever read

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks, I'll give that a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I've read "Ugly Americans: The True Story of the Ivy League Cowboys Who Raided the Asian Markets for Millions" and I would recommend it as an expose of excesses amongst investment bankers. If you have read the classic book Liar's Poker then you will like this.

I also read the Bringing Down The House book which the film is based on. The book is much more interesting than the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

i've read bringing down the house but it was around the same time as i read a few other similar books so i was'nt blown away with it. I also read ugly americans which is a far superior story and well worth a read if your interested in this genre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 qwerty23

I've read Bringing Down the House and thought it was good.

I have Rigged on the shelf waiting to start it. Would like to hear a review of his newest one about the founders of facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have read rigged, bringing down the house, busting vegas, ugly americans...
    they are all great reads in cork anyway porters always seems to stock his books .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 qwerty23

I thought Rigged was good but just finished Accidental Billionaires and am quite disappointed with it.

Might go for Ugly Americans next.

Advertisement