Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavalier puppy-questions before i get one

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

As already mentioned, cavaliertalk.com has some great info about Cavs and the woman who runs the site also runs a Cavalier Rescue. It has a wealth of info on breeders, health problems, general care etc

I have a little Blenheim Cav who will be 3 this October. She is the best, so lovable, sweet natured and a joy to have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

divadoll wrote: »
    YES AND SHE GETS PAID FOR EVERY DOG THAT SHE RE-HOMES SOMETHING LIKE 200 EUROS, SO IF SHE HAS 10 NEEDING HOMES THATS 2000 EUROS.ITS A WIN -WIN AGAIN.

Dogs waiting for homes can't live on fresh air. Often they need veterinary care which can be expensive. Food, bedding, even a general check up from a vet can be costly. I doubt this woman is turning a profit on her rescues and if she is I would imagine it's miniscule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sligogal

Would love to get some details of the breeders you were referring to - Looking for a cavalier puppy and will be able to home it from the 1st October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Maybe you should try contact this woman, her pups should be ready when you are ready to take one, and she's not a puppy breeder.

She was a bit foolish letting her dogs breed, but hopefully she learned her lesson and wont breed again.

But there are always cav's looking to be rehomed and if you keep an eye out you will find the right match.

I know we all want our dogs as puppies because they're cuter, but getting a rescue dog means that in all likelihood it will be toilet trained, and will understand your house rules that bit better than a pup.

Puppies grow up so quick, and after four or five months, the cute puppy stage is over, so if you get a rescue dog you won't be missing out on too much, but you'll always be proud of yourself for saving your dogs life, much more valuable than cute puppy pics.

We have a rescue dog for the last 10 years, she's a bit daft but when we got her we were told that she was probably going to be pts.

We also have a jack russell that we bought for my birthday present. I love her but i regret not getting a rescue instead!

Advertisement