Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpress T707 Sony Ericsson prize

Options
  • 21-07-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I recently won a T707 from hotpress. The phone came with no sim card and locked to the 3 network. The box for the phone had been tampered with before i recieved it and when i called both 3 and sony ericsson they said there was nothing i could do. Hotpress supplied me with the name of a company who unlock phones www.**** i filled out the details and paid 20 euro for the service and was promptly informed that they could not unlock my phone and would not refund my money to me. Word to the wise be very careful with these companies. Anyway i would like to voice what an utter disgrace i think the handling of this by Hotpress has been. Why give someone a prize and then make them have to pay and sign up to use it. I have been in contact with 3 and they said that all handsets are supplied with a SIM card. So why did i recieve none. This was a complete DISGRACE from start to finish. In my opinion the idea of a prize is that it is free and makes your life better. This prize and the dealings have cost me 20 euro to date and left me with a phone which is 100% useless to me. HOTPRESS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sony Ericsson and 3 you should be more careful who you sponsor.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hotpress supplied you with a T707 locked to the 3 Network.

You got a T707 on 3 for free, from Hotpress.

Hotpress are absolutely nothing to do with the company who you claim ripped you off nor are they under any obligation to unlock your T707 (which, as previously mentioned, was free).

So why don't you just sell your T707 as is and turn a very nice profit and consider Hotpresses prize to you a cash one, and pursue the company that actually stole your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This forum is for feedback on Boards.ie.

Perhaps I am missing something here, but I am not seeing the connection. :confused:

Might I suggest the Ranting and Raving forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'll take the phone off your hands :D
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Might I suggest the Ranting and Raving forum?
    Maybe the Cuckoos nest?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Talk about bad aim..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement