Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lack of energy/tingling legs/leg and joint pain/ dizziness

Options
  • 21-07-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

hi all,

im not sure if this is the right place to post this but hey...

i need advice. basically, my dad has been quite unwell for 6 months now. his symptoms include: pains in legs, dizziness, complete lack of energy i.e. 1/2 hours of light gardening and he's to go lie down afterwards, and a lot tingling sensations in legs.

he went to the doctor 3 months ago, possibly 4, and had blood tests taken and the usual routine done i suppose you could say. when the results came back clear his doctor then suggested it could be sleep apnea. he was sent to a consultant in dublin, and taken into hospital for a sleep apnea ' oberservation', as well as a stress test and cat scan. he got all the results back. they're clear! (i have a feeling he had a test done on his chest too).

he went back to the doctor, who told him to record all his symptoms for 10 weeks and then to go back to him.

to be honest he appears to be getting worse where the leg pains and lack of energy are concerned. i hate to harp on, but its really beginning to depress him - i think its the fact that he doesnt know whats bloody causing it.

my question is: has anybody had these symptoms, or know anyone with similiar symptoms, and since been diagnosed with anything?

i would greatly appreciate a response.

thanks

aloevera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. One thing about the medical profession, that we should all remember is that you have to push for things, gone are the days when you rely on the medical profession. From personal experience I pushed for a colonoscopy, was made to feel like a hypochondriac for years and finally got diagnosed with Crohn's. Your dad could have anything really and I'm not sure if you will get the answer you are looking for on here, but you will definitely get support. I would get a second opinion, or go to A&E if your Dad is getting worse....10 weeks is a long time to wait.
    If he is on any medication also check for side effects?
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

aloe - I hate - HATE - locking threads, but unfortunately, the way the LTI forum works is, you can discuss any ailment or illness once it's been diagnosed by a doctor. We can't offer any help whatsoever in diagnosis - I hope you understand. I fully appreciate why you posted here, and I wish there was some reassurance we could give you, but unfortunately, we can't, for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement