Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€10,000 and a month off. What to do?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

Learn to skydive!

http://www.skydiveempuriabrava.com/

You wont regret it!!!

Oh I believe you all right.

It's just that coming on boards to highlight the fact leads me to certain conclusions, none of them complimentary.

Sorry 'bout that, but that's the way she crumbles.

Jealousy is alive and well in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No not jealousy, just a bit of common sense needed in these situations.

How do you think people who recently lost their jobs feel if they read this??

Ok it's no major deal, but ffs have a bit of cop on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Jealous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I was in Berlin about three weeks ago, you can ride a prostitute in the bushes (park area) for €50. So €10,000, that's like 200 rides in the bushes, how many people besides sheep shaggers can claim that???;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Buy a horse

sure everyone's doing it, think of the savings! You'll never need a car/lawnmower/fertiliser again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

But I lost my job recently, so I know exactly how it feels. Pretty ****ty to be perfectly honest. I also know how it feels to have no money having been a totally broke student for a number of years, and recently being unable to spend what I had, due to fear of the future. Its also pretty ****ty. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the size of my lump sum, but that was to give an idea of what people could suggest I do. Insensitive maybe, but its nothing new that some people in this country have spare money to hand, if people are offended by it I apologise. It would have been worse if I had said "I have a lot of money, and need ideas on how to spend it". Maybe I shouldn't have opened the thread at all.

I thought by showing the fact that there is work out there even in construction should give people hope. Its not all doom and gloom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Why don't you go here? It's Chernobyl, you don't need to be a soldier and it's a really interesting place to visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Lighten up FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

he/she is just an anonymous random poster asking for ideas.i know we're good at begudgery but it's going a bit far to say the starving masses will be despairing on reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I thought by showing the fact that there is work out there even in construction should give people hope. Its not all doom and gloom.

How very good of you.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

wudangclan wrote: »
    he/she is just an anonymous random poster asking for ideas.i know we're good at begudgery but it's going a bit far to say the starving masses will be despairing on reading this thread.

And if they are that fcukin hungry they shouldn't be wasting their money on Broadband!!

And if they are that fcukin hungry they shouldn't be wasting their money on Broadband!!

'let them eat dial-up'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Keep the money safe.
    Chances are you will be out of a job again at 1 point and then use this money to travel for a longer period.
    1 month just doesnt sound long enough to me to spend the 10k.
    Not that you wouldnt be able to spend 10k in a month but it is enough to travel around in Asia or South America for months. Sounds nicer to me than a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Use some of it to hire someone who has what is called common sense.

You need to do this because anyone who comes on to boards with that kind of cock and bull bull**** needs it badly.

Use the other 8k to buy some cop on.

Abso-fricking-lutely....here, here!!

• Advertisement

LostGirly wrote: »
    Abso-fricking-lutely....here, here!!

what's with the claque?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yup, spend 2K, keep the rest. Dumb to spend it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I just got paid my monthly salary... So I have 4k in the bank... some one on boards, please tell me what to spend it on... cos i seriously don't know what to do with it, but i just have to spend it... i was thinking prostitutes, but the misses wouldn't be happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Screw foreign countries, travel Ireland and pump that money into the economy!!! *shakes fist* Pump it...

OR

Not a big fan of coke... weed and hookers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not tha long ago I was made redundant and as the title of the thread suggests, I got quite a generous payoff (not bad considering I was only 4 months with them!). I had been reluctant to spend this as I imagined I could be quite a while out of work (quantity surveyor) however I've been offered a job on the London Olympics and it starts in a few weeks. So any ideas on how I can lighten my pockets in the intervening period and have as much fun as possible. 21 male and single if that helps with your ideas.

I was thinking coke and hookers, but thats cliché.

After Hours, I need your help!

Hire Paris Hilton for 15 mins, piss on her head. Record it.

Upload to internet.

Another internet sucess story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I WILL HELP YOU SPEND IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Go onto www.alibaba.com and buy a wind turbine direct from China (easy to do).... a good one will set you back $700. Have it installed at your folk's place a a present so they can avail of free electricty... or at least half their esb bill.

Then, order a bio diesel generator (€1200)... this converts waste vegetable oil into diesel you can run your car on.

These two purchases alone will make you thousands in saved money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-pUaogoX5o

This video is your destination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Not tha long ago I was made redundant and as the title of the thread suggests, I got quite a generous payoff (not bad considering I was only 4 months with them!). I had been reluctant to spend this as I imagined I could be quite a while out of work (quantity surveyor) however I've been offered a job on the London Olympics and it starts in a few weeks. So any ideas on how I can lighten my pockets in the intervening period and have as much fun as possible. 21 male and single if that helps with your ideas.

Looks like a case of easy come easy go. Next year you will be posting what can be done to get you out of debt.

Go on a 2000euro holiday and save the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My uncle works in the Global Financial Division of HSIT, and he gave me a tip-off about a stock that's about to skyrocket. It's kinda sekret stuff, but if you send me the 10k I will pass it straight on to my uncle and you'll be set for life.

Just PM me your bank details and I'll sort out the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

Relevant wrote: »
    You should bring one of you friends* along for free, or in return for certain services rendered....

*female

he doesn't want to be doing that, we are a high cost economy and its too costly to export your female friend to the far east. he should get a female friend* in the far east for any bit of rendering.

* this type of friend can be heard shout "love you long time" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Dampsquid wrote: »
    I just got paid my monthly salary... So I have 4k in the bank... some one on boards, please tell me what to spend it on... cos i seriously don't know what to do with it, but i just have to spend it... i was thinking prostitutes, but the misses wouldn't be happy with that

Well seeng as its your salary, I would cover all my monthly expenses, put some savings aside and budget your cash flow for the following month. If after that you have some spare money, I suggest you buy your misses a nice present. Perhaps take her for a weekend away if you both have the spare time, she would probably like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Buy 10,000 worth of those millionaire raffle tickets..sure to win a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

barakus wrote: »
    Buy 10,000 worth of those millionaire raffle tickets..sure to win a mill

Except they cost 20euro each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

get a house in phuket, then you have

House
    Girls Cheap
    Drugs Cheap
    Nightlife Cheap
    Food Cheap
    a beach - But no leo dicaprio cause he fcuked off with kate titanic

http://www.houseinphuket.com/houses/LTR/geo_town.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

You could pretend to be the secret millonaire, and decide that your going to help me out to the tune of £9000!
    Im not greedy, you can keep £1000:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swearne

Buy a boat, 3 asian/eastern european mail order brides (be picky with this), a video camera, and a months supplies. Head off on the trip of a life time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Boats and ho's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

swearne wrote: »
    Buy a boat, 3 asian/eastern european mail order brides (be picky with this), a video camera, and a months supplies. Head off on the trip of a life time

It's only €10k FFS.
    What's he gonna get, a rubber dingy, 3 fat chicks and enough Pot Noodles to last a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    For once, I agree with Degsy.

I nearly always agree with Degsy. Except for the bit where he wants me dead because I was born in Ballymun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if the money is something you see as something to be gotten rid of, why don't you give it to a charity that helps kids with cancer live out their days in as pain free and dignified manner as possible?

lol, only kidding, coke and hookers man. 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

SV wrote: »
    Except they cost 20euro each.

€10,000 worth of them will only cost €10,000. Your buying the amount which is worth €10,000. Not buying 10,000 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hiya mate want a live webcam show i accept paypal hehehehehehehehahahahahohohohohohohoohohohohohheheeheheheh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

If it was me, id hold onto it, but if you really want to spend it then go on a nice holiday or get a car. 10 grand would buy you a nice car these days.

Advertisement