Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else getting continually.....

Options
  • 21-07-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Disconnected from William Hill or any ipoker sites today...????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Kante wrote: »
    Disconnected from William Hill or any ipoker sites today...????

FYP, and yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Does anyone get the "user already connected" message after the get disconnected and try to reconnect? I get it everytime and the only way i can get rid of that message is to reboot and login. If anyone knows a better way without rebooting let me know.

i only get about 3-5 disconnects a week and im playing 30+ hours of poker a week so it might be related to your ISP. I use BT broadband fwiw and i know on VC they have a rolling message mentioning some service providers and that if your using those service providers and getting disconnects its related to the ISP and its out of VCs control and to contact your ISP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

iPoker mut die...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

dvdfan wrote: »
    Does anyone get the "user already connected" message after the get disconnected and try to reconnect? I get it everytime and the only way i can get rid of that message is to reboot and login. If anyone knows a better way without rebooting let me know.

VC are only half right -the disconnection itself is down to the ISP (99% of the time). However the "user is already logged in" error message is 100% down to the individual skins settings and can be resolved by them with iPoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

yeah im getting it too very fustrating.... and yes ipoker must die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

i only get about 3-5 disconnects a week and im playing 30+ hours of poker a week so it might be related to your ISP. I use BT broadband fwiw and i know on VC they have a rolling message mentioning some service providers and that if your using those service providers and getting disconnects its related to the ISP and its out of VCs control and to contact your ISP

You mean reboot your machine?
    I just close the ipoker app completely, open it up again and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

On other skins i used to just close and restart the client but on VC i always get that user is logged in message, just hoped there was a temp file i could delete instead of having to reboot but i guess i can live with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

iPoker, and speifically Boylepoker, which seems the shodiest of them all, must die. yes.

I get disconnections on an 8mb solid connection, NOTHING else EVER gives me this problem, not one other poker skin/network, not one online app or site or engine ... yet Boyle's tell me the problem is on my end. Aye, my arse it is. They're such ipoker suck ups, they'll never admit it's a heap of junk ... and rigged ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

iPoker, and speifically Boylepoker, which seems the shodiest of them all, must die. yes.

I get disconnections on an 8mb solid connection, NOTHING else EVER gives me this problem, not one other poker skin/network, not one online app or site or engine ... yet Boyle's tell me the problem is on my end. Aye, my arse it is. They're such ipoker suck ups, they'll never admit it's a heap of junk ... and rigged ... :D

I just downloaded Boyle's software so I could register for the IPO. Never used I poker before. I couldn't believe how sh*t it was and I didn't even get to the tables. The tournament menus and filters are complete crap, unbelievably un-user friendly and cumbersome compared to Stars. Given that you have to collect VIP points to get extra chips in the IPO you'd think it might occur to Boyles to put the number of VIP points in the tournie info, but apparently not.

To top it off whenever I go to create an account I get a flash error message and the thing times out. I send an email to customer care to this effect and I get some kind of automated response telling me to ring them. Which I will do but I'm not looking forward to the tables, or wasting whatever amount of money I need to spend to start on par with others if I get disconnected....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

To avoid this go instead of exiting the software go to the cashier, or my account page. You'll get the unable to connect message a couple of times, but the difference is when it tries to log you on again automatically you dont get the user already connectted message. It saves a couple of minutes. Still a pain in the hoop mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

a147pro wrote: »
    I just downloaded Boyle's software so I could register for the IPO. Never used I poker before. I couldn't believe how sh*t it was and I didn't even get to the tables. The tournament menus and filters are complete crap, unbelievably un-user friendly and cumbersome compared to Stars.

The jungle drums suggest there is a major iPoker update coming in the next few weeks. Us iPoker regs have been waiting for this for years, so personally I'll believe it when I see it, but fingers crossed.

Advertisement