Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine flu?

• 21-07-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

:eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2009/0721/1224250993097.html
    FOUR STUDENTS from University College Cork (UCC) have developed symptoms of swine flu after attending a student union conference in Waterford. The students contacted the out-of-hours GP service in Cork after returning from the Union of Students in Ireland (USI) conference at the weekend.

Are we dead so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

in a word.............no

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Conference was held in WIT anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

But they were out on the town every night of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I know 7 people in Waterford with it.

Its only like a bad flu .....stop worrying
    over it in 6days
    Would be much more worried with a STD..relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

I know 7 people in Waterford with it.

Would be much more worried with a STD..relax

an STD from a pig..now that sounds nasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

But they were out on the town every night of the week.

Were they in the Hog's Head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

over it in 6days

Took me 2 weeks of suffering like i have never experience before before it finally shifted so it did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

I find it funny were I work in the estate with several hundred ppl, they have said that you should still come into work if you have been in contact with someone with it and they will only send you home when you are symtomatic.

Now heres the funny thing, a person is most contagious before they become symtomatic, so if you have been in contact with someone and you have caught it then you're gonna pass it on.

Then they introduce anti-bacterial soap into the bathrooms to combat it as well... hmmm anti bacterial against a virus.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

*coughs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they have said that you should still come into work if you have been in contact with someone with it

Seems pretty standard to me. If they were to allow you to stay home then every jackass in the place will probably play that card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

emo!! wrote: »
    *coughs*
    UNCLEAN

Advertisement