Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems forwarding ports on router

Options
  • 21-07-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

anyone having problems opening any ports since eircoms so called attack i cant open any ports even any random ones? the site below says im black listed when i enter my ip address?

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Thats a bit vague? Opening ports on what? Do you mean when you go to use a port that you think should be available to you and not blocked anywhere it doesn't do what you expect?

If you don't have a fixed IP then it just means someone in your IP allocation block has been open relay or sending spam nothing very unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

SHOUTING DOESN'T OPEN PORTS, MUCH TO MY DISMAY

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

CutzEr wrote: »
    SHOUTING DOESN'T OPEN PORTS, MUCH TO MY DISMAY

im using an ip camera and can not open a port to it on any port but before eircom got hacked 2 weeks ago i had no problems with my other 3 cameras the ports i used for them are stil open, they have blacklisted most ips y dont u try open a port?

Just checked my own Eircom IP address and no suprises its on a load of spam blacklist bwtf why would I be bothered as I don't run a mail server I let Eircoms mail servers, Gmail or Hotmail handle my mail for me. I checked an IP address of an Eircom mail server and again no suprises it was on an insignificant blacklist that probably lists every IP that Eircom own just in case.

ttm wrote: »
    Just checked my own Eircom IP address and no suprises its on a load of spam blacklist bwtf why would I be bothered as I don't run a mail server I let Eircoms mail servers, Gmail or Hotmail handle my mail for me. I checked an IP address of an Eircom mail server and again no suprises it was on an insignificant blacklist that probably lists every IP that Eircom own just in case.

thers definately something wrong ports are been blocked.

• Advertisement

B wrote: »
    im using an ip camera and can not open a port to it on any port but before eircom got hacked 2 weeks ago i had no problems with my other 3 cameras the ports i used for them are stil open, they have blacklisted most ips y dont u try open a port?

.... dons white coat, gloves, face mask and gets out dental pliers ready for teeth pulling.....

What port number is the IP camera using?

B wrote: »
    thers definately something wrong ports are been blocked.

Blacklists have NOTHING to do with ports being blocked. Ports and Blacklists are not related in this context.

.... dons white coat, gloves, face mask and gets out dental pliers ready for teeth pulling.....

What port number is the IP camera using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hoopper28

Since the last two week I have been having big problems opening ports also, every port i try says its block, checked with the site listed on the first post and all ip's except for one were black listed, i rang imagine regarding one other one and after the call i could open ports again, so something is going on. BTW this site i was trying was black listed before i contacted imagine and now its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm on eircom broadband and any ports I have open are still working fine.

It's either very specific to port 31000 or you're doing something wrong.

• Advertisement

have you checked to see if your ip is black listed if not then you are lucky if it is then try forwarding a port to you pc and check it with www.canyouseeme.org. let me know

hoopper28 wrote: »
    have you checked to see if your ip is black listed if not then you are lucky if it is then try forwarding a port to you pc and check it with www.canyouseeme.org. let me know

From the link in the first post, my IP was on 3 of the 111 lists.

Port 31000 is showing up as blocked according to cayouseeme.org.

I do have other ports open that are working fine though.

i bet the ports that are working you had already had setup before eircom were hacked, i also have three ports which work fine but anything setup in the last two weeks wont open.

From the link in the first post, my IP was on 3 of the 111 lists.

Port 31000 is showing up as blocked according to cayouseeme.org.

I do have other ports open that are working fine though.

LOL what do you have on your PC or at your IP that is running on port 31000.

If there is nothing using the port then of course it will show up as "I could not see your service on 159.134.xxx.xxx on port (31000)".

If you don't run a web server even port 80 will show up as "blocked" in your language, stop saying BLOCKED unless you have a service running on that port on the system you are testing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

why not give him an example on how he could check his ports?

hoopper28 wrote: »
    why not give him an example on how he could check his ports?

Good idea, but I think TELNET <IP ADDRESS> <PORT NUMBER> from the RUN dialog (XP Vista etc) might be a bit complecated as I have no idea what responce an IP camera would give.

Edit> or Google network scanner find one you like download it then scan the IP address of the camera and include the ports you are looking for in the scan.

LOL what do you have on your PC or at your IP that is running on port 31000.

If there is nothing using the port then of course it will show up as "I could not see your service on 159.134.xxx.xxx on port (31000)".

If you don't run a web server even port 80 will show up as "blocked" in your language, stop saying BLOCKED unless you have a service running on that port on the system you are testing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:o

You are of course correct. I forgot to change the port I wanted to use on the program I was testing. It gives a successfull result when set up correctly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom blocking ports?
    Nonsense, I'm editing the thread title until somebody has facts to prove otherwise as its more then likely down to a PEBKAC error

Advertisement