Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Munch

Options
  • 21-07-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I had a pack of Walker's Monster Munch the other day - but I was so disappointed. They really are quite different from the Tayto version. No big salty clumps of flavour for one thing.

Anyone else miss them too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭Archeron

dudara wrote: »
    I had a pack of Walker's Monster Munch the other day - but I was so disappointed. They really are quite different from the Tayto version. No big salty clumps of flavour for one thing.

Anyone else miss them too?

Try Taytos Mighty Munch in a gold yellow color bag. I think they're quite close to the monster munch of days past.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dudara wrote: »
    No big salty clumps of flavour for one thing.
    :pac: great description. Used to love them they were almost painful there was such a twang to them, like the early alien spacers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭lgoring21

loved when i got the really flavoured ones compared to my bro...used to be a kind of competition who could get the most orange ones....

but the op is certainly right they are awful the walkers ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Archeron wrote: »
    Try Taytos Mighty Munch in a gold yellow color bag. I think they're quite close to the monster munch of days past.

Tried a bag of Tayto Mighty Munch yesterday - pretty much the same as what I remembered - absolutely delish

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Perris claws of the mummy are the most like proper old school monster munch. Pity you can't get them everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yup someone beat me to it, they sold the name to Walkers but obviously kept their proper recipe - as they released again as Might Munch, which are very darned close to what they used to be. The walkers ones are gack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Monster Munch were my favourite crisps, but there are some nice versions of them out now (the 'super spicy' ones...?). I remember eating six packets of the Tayto version many years ago and ended up getting diarrhoea...

...that didn't stop me though! I ate more and more... ...and more!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, had 'em there recently and it's still worth pickin' the bigs that have become stuck around your cavity teeth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Used to love the extra red bits. Haven't had them in an age. Do they still have a little note on myths and legends on the back. For some reason every single pack had the same myth and legend, the cyclops :rolleyes:

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, had 'em there recently and it's still worth pickin' the bigs that have become stuck around your cavity teeth though.

...charming, just charming :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

After reading this I had an awful longing for monster munch :D Demolished a 6 bag pack... munch munch :pac: :pac: :pac:

Mighty Munch are the exact same I reckon

lol... no adverse side-effects? Read up a few posts - The last time I ate 6 packets I got diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Kevster wrote: »
    lol... no adverse side-effects? Read up a few posts - The last time I ate 6 packets I got diarrhoea.

It's probably too soon to tell :D:D

Right - goddam - I'm gonna eat a packet of the Super Spicy Monster Munch this weekend. The kid inside me is trying to live again... ...and he wants a big packet of monster munch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

mighty munch are lush! the walkers ones are just not the same and give me savage heart burn

Advertisement