Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i102104 thief is a scam artist!

• 21-07-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The i102 104 thief was supposedly in Bundoran today!

Bundoran had nobody in town as it is dead, but there was loads of us out looking, and we all asked everyone, including eachother!

One of us even saw 'someone' on the phone ever time there was a clue given, but was told it wasnt him!

So how is it that the thief is NEVER caught early in the morning, and he had to leave for letterkenny wher he may or may not be caught!

They are totally just planting random spies to give details of each scene and not actually having a real thief tehre until they want to give the money away!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He was in Bundoran. A business wouldn't lie would they :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I ain't sure about Iradio, it just seems a bit dodge, I don't know why but just not a source I would trust!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paul Flynn

What are you insinuating Mike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Mike... wrote: »
    I ain't sure about Iradio, it just seems a bit dodge, I don't know why but just not a source I would trust!!

Not a "source" you would trust?? I don't get you... a source for what? News?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

someone just won a grand there, what a load of ****e..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ya what a load of ****e..

some one won.. thats totally against the rules!!!!

wait what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

hollyeef wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

One of us even saw 'someone' on the phone ever time there was a clue given, but was told it wasnt him!

Well - I hate to break it to you - but the thief is actually a fictional character, not a real person! Most likely, they have someone else there reading out the clues and talking on the radio etc - it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have the "thief" doing that too. I'd actually be surprised if it's a person in Bundoran or wherever doing the talking - I would have thought it would be more likely to be someone in studio.

I'd say they decide in advance what days they actually want him to be caught or whatever, and what time of the day. I doubt you could call it a "scam", it's just a radio advertising gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hollyeef

Yeah but the way they comment on the surroundings that the 'thief' can see is just mean when he isn't actually there to see it and they are just his little spies :(

But if they are saying that you should be able to get him at place X and he never actually turns up (which I think is the way they are doing it!) until they want someone to win :(:(

Not fair when people actually get excited about it and can't win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

I agree. What a scam, giving away fourteen thousand euro in three weeks. u2 tickets and the lot. what a disgrce they are. Very poor..... ?? Down with that sort of thing.. filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

He's in Sligo again today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Is this iradio?

They are biggest bunch of scammers in the country, we won a competition with them for the Irish Derby weekend, tickets for friday, saturday and sunday, this was confirmed on air and I have the recording of it. Won the prize 3 weeks prior to the Curragh and we decided to wait till the tickets came before booking a hotel for the weekend. Week before the start of the festival I emailed them and they replied to me on Tuesday saying I would have them the next day so I booked hotel, next day came and only tickets for Saturday arrived, I emailed them back and they fobbed me off that it was tickets for only saturday that were offer which was nonsense, if they had of given me tickets for the actual Derby day I may not have been so annoyed, in turn I gave the tickets away to someone on boards - also when they replied they made it very clear, which quite amused me, that NO ONE whatsoever even in iradio would be there Derby day. So I emailed them back saying I would never listen to their station and I haven't and won't, now reading this thread I can agree with anyone who believes they are giving false information out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Famous45 wrote: »
    Is this iradio?

They are biggest bunch of scammers in the country, we won a competition with them for the Irish Derby weekend, tickets for friday, saturday and sunday, this was confirmed on air and I have the recording of it. Won the prize 3 weeks prior to the Curragh and we decided to wait till the tickets came before booking a hotel for the weekend. Week before the start of the festival I emailed them and they replied to me on Tuesday saying I would have them the next day so I booked hotel, next day came and only tickets for Saturday arrived, I emailed them back and they fobbed me off that it was tickets for only saturday that were offer which was nonsense, if they had of given me tickets for the actual Derby day I may not have been so annoyed, in turn I gave the tickets away to someone on boards - also when they replied they made it very clear, which quite amused me, that NO ONE whatsoever even in iradio would be there Derby day. So I emailed them back saying I would never listen to their station and I haven't and won't, now reading this thread I can agree with anyone who believes they are giving false information out.

post the recording on youtube and let us have a listen to it, would be good to hear it and confirm your story (I'm not saying you are lying, it's just nice to have confirmation before I spread the news aeround about them)

Advertisement