Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up advice......

• 21-07-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi girls, need help with the following:

1. Can anyone recommend a good pencil black eyeliner that stays on really well? The one I use at the moment [Gosh] seems to smudge if I get tired or as the day wears on, and I end up looking like the negative of a panda with black eyes! :mad:

2. There was this gorgeous Urban Decay eyeshadow pack on sale on Aer Lingus but they were sold out - it was €25. Anyone know where I could get it for a similar price? The cover of it was really funky.

3. I have really fair eyebrows. I dye my hair. Clearly they don't match, but I would like to define them more. Am jealous of those with dark eyebrows as often it's easier to make them look more defined. What could I use, a pencil to shade them in? Would this look silly? My hair is dyed red!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Hello there!

Um, Benefit BadGal is quite the sticker, for me anyway.

The Urban Decay palette, if it's the one I'm thinking of (black cover with purple swirls and a gun on it), is available for about €30 in Boots in Liffey Valley and House of Fraser in Dundrum.

You would not look silly if you filled in your eyebrows my dear, you could even get them tinted if you were feeling lazy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Thanks for that. I'm not near Dublin but may have to find an excuse to pay a visit! *really wants the eyeshadow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hi,

You can get Urban Decay on HQ Hair. Not sure if this is the palette but they have a few.

http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=578&SectionID=1518&FeaturedProduct=16923&pID=1

Eyeliner - I'd recommend Boots No & Amazing Eyes Pencil. Also, set your foundation with powder around your eyelids to stop them from being greasy and transferring the pencil.

Eyebrow Pencil - I've used the Rimmel eyebrow pencil in '002 Hazel' for years. It's a nice light brown for those of us with blonde eyebrows. You can get it in most chemists. Apply it in lots of little strokes rather than one sweeping one to make it look natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners stay on forever. Especially if you set them with a bit of eyeshadow, it just doesn't budge!

I'd say use eyeshadow to fill in your eyebrows. I use eyeshadow and a pencil-shaped brush, like the MAC 219. Pencil can look a little harsh on light eyebrows. Just don't go too dark though, two shades above your natural colour works best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

would you consider getting an eyebrow tint?
    I have blonde brows as well and the beautician usually mixes in a teeny dab of black, so that my brows don't fade to orange a few weeks later.

• Advertisement

Can I just ask actually, why don't they recommend dying your eyebrows when you dye your hair? Surely it makes sense? [Clearly not considering you're advised against it!]

I'll try the eyeshadow thanks moonflower. I bought an Urban Decay mascara and was extremely disappointed - looks like there's nothing in the container.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 angelika

I find Benefit Browzings really good for filling in eyebrows. Really easy to use too, get one of the girls on the Benefit counter to show you.

Shamefully, I've NEVER gotten make up advice at a make up counter. I feel way too self conscious and afraid of the criticism!! I like moping around the counters and trying things on myself - get so annoyed when they come over asking if I want help, even though I know that's their job, so generally I avoid it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 angelika

Ok, well if you don't like getting advice from the girls at the counters, try youtube. Anyway, the Browzings is dead easy, you'll figure it out by yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

I agree with angelika about the benefit eyebrow thing, you can get it in dark, medium and light.

They can't use hair dye on eyebrows (in case of reaction, eyebrow/lash dye is different), but eyebrow tinting is a good idea aswell.

Do you know anyone going on a Stena boat soon? They sell Urban Decay stuff on the boats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Benefit Bad Gal liner is great for thicker lines, smoky looks and stays on forever.
    If you want a thinner line I would recommend Chanel Stylo Yeux. It's very precise and gives a sharp, defined line.
    Urban Decay do fab liners in great colours too. They also last all day! I love the aqua blue, green and purple ones.

For the eyeshadow, Debenhams stock Urban Decay and they often have sales on (10% off, 20% etc) if you are near Dublin??

As for your brows you can use a brow pencil to shade them in or you could get them tinted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Can I just ask actually, why don't they recommend dying your eyebrows when you dye your hair? Surely it makes sense? [Clearly not considering you're advised against it!]

I'll try the eyeshadow thanks moonflower. I bought an Urban Decay mascara and was extremely disappointed - looks like there's nothing in the container.

Yeah their mascara's not great :( The liner and eyeshadow is amazing though! Just remebered, they do a cheaper version of the benefit eyebrow box, it's like half the price but it;s got the shadow and the gel and the brush and tweezers

I'll have a look. Got the Urban Decay eyeshadow palette with really bright colours and they're fantastic as they stay on forever!

Thanks for all the advice girls. Much appreciated.

Sorry girls to be annoying ye again, but would anyone be able to clarify is this the Benefit eyebrow thing you were talking about? http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/product/B002BXNKWY/sr=1-1/qid=1248272119/ref=sr_1_1/177-2145641-6971236?ie=UTF8&n=1289301011&bcBrand=core

Are the prices reasonable or is there anywhere else I can order it for cheaper? I want to get the "Hello Flawless" powder too as I have that already and it's almost gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Sorry girls to be annoying ye again, but would anyone be able to clarify is this the Benefit eyebrow thing you were talking about? http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/product/B002BXNKWY/sr=1-1/qid=1248272119/ref=sr_1_1/177-2145641-6971236?ie=UTF8&n=1289301011&bcBrand=core

Are the prices reasonable or is there anywhere else I can order it for cheaper? I want to get the "Hello Flawless" powder too as I have that already and it's almost gone!

No, but that one looks good! I think I'll try it when I need a new one.
    I'm sorry I can't remember how much mine was, I bought it with a couple of other things on a voucher. Ring Brown Thomas or House of Fraser and price it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have very light eyebrows and use Dior's pencil to fill them in. Come with a little brush on the end too.

Advertisement