Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idea : Before & After

• 21-07-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been suggested before and if it does, please let it slip away into obscurity. I love landscape shots. They're my favourite photo to take, yet I can never get my photo's to look like some of the beauties on the other threads here. I realise that the idea of a photo is to get as close to the finished product as possible with the actual shot so that it doesn't require much post-processing, but so many of the shots I've seen have that little something that you can't get with a camera alone.

So, what I'm proposing, and it would need willing volunteers, is a thread where the volunteers submit before and after photo's, plus a very brief synopsis of what was done to achieve the 'after' look, such as brightness and contrast modifications, filters, etc used in Photoshop, with the intention of educating those less skilled in how to get there. I feel it would be hugely beneficial to those, like me, who are just starting out in photography and can never get that 'professional' look that so many have mastered here.

I know there are plenty of books and Internet sites out there, but maybe it's the closer to home aspect of Boards that I like and with the wealth of knowledge available here.

So, what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

maybe a brief word on what they do to get the shot and what they use in the first place might be as benifical as what post process work was done????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

There's one somewhere which could be revived - iirc there was a lot of samples posted too. I just can't find it at the moment. Link anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

The old one is here.
    Tbh it was actually one of my favourite threads (right up there with the random photo one). I was kinda sad when it disappeared. I love seeing what everyone does with their shots, it's really inspiring :D

eta: I see Tallon beat me to it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Tbh it was actually one of my favourite threads (right up there with the random photo one). I was kinda sad when it disappeared. I love seeing what everyone does with their shots, it's really inspiring :D

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement