Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clane - travellers

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Just driving through Clane and saw a camp of travellers on land between Lidl and Maxol on the Dublin Road... loads of caravans. Werent there yesterday morning.... anyone know if they are just passing through (for a wedding or something) or are they there to stay

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I didn't see them either this morning so it must have happened today. It was only a matter of time before this happened. That area has been sitting there empty for 12 months or more and it's ideal as a halting site!!

I would imagine as it's private land it should be pretty easy to get rid of them but whether the owner decides to pursue it or not is another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

"It's our culture boss"

I remember a few years ago another tribe set-up shop on a green space near what is now the ring road. Left the place in an awful mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I counted twenty caravans as I was sitting in the car outside Lidl on Monday,you can be sure there will be more there during the week.What can the owner of the land do to get rid of them?

holly1 wrote: »
    I counted twenty caravans as I was sitting in the car outside Lidl on Monday,you can be sure there will be more there during the week.What can the owner of the land do to get rid of them?

Well unless he invited them there then they are trespassing on his land and he can quite easily get a court order to get rid of them.

There seems to be a lot of "young adults" on that site also. Saw a few of them climbing the wall beside Lidl yesterday. That can't be a good thing.

I heard of a guy who tried to get them off his land,court orders dident work so he sprayed silage on the caravans,it was the sorriest thing he ever did!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭iLoveTwilight

Apparantly one of them got their caravan cleaned at the Maxol station the day before they arrived and some of the paint came off or something came off the van . They wanted their money back but the Maxol station wouldnt give . . so they landed next door . .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I drove by there this morning, didn't see any..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

do homosexual travellers exist?

and if so, are they accepted by their own community?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eamonn98

Heard they were hassling a few of the shops over drink or something? A big gang of 60 of them were strolling around town on Sunday.. Hope they've moved on, I had trouble with another group of travellers that were staying in Capdoo a few weeks back.. One of the kids climbed through the front window of my house and stole a playstation, and broke the TV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

could be on their way back form Cahirimee or heading towards Borris fair.

• Advertisement

I'm away for a few days. Are they gone?

Ballyman wrote: »
    I'm away for a few days. Are they gone?

Get your neighbours to keep an eye on your house and what more can you do,Im sure everything will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

left at about 4 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mrtee

Any idea were they have moved on to now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I hope they dont make there way to Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

hey lads there starting to move in just behind healys on monread rd,only a few caravans so far.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've just cleared a lot of crap out of this thread. If the discussion doesn't take a civil, reasoned direction, it won't live for long.

Have some sense folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I've just cleared a lot of crap out of this thread. If the discussion doesn't take a civil, reasoned direction, it won't live for long.

Have some sense folks.

Right boss:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

Joe Public wrote: »
    Right boss:)
    class:) still laughing.

Advertisement