Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question about pre-ordering from hmv.co.uk

• 21-07-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

hey everyone

just wondering if anyone here has pre-ordered a game like GTA IV etc or anything else from the hmv.co.uk website and if so did they recieve their pre-order on the day of release or a few days later. just wondering since i pre-oredered call of duty modern warfare 2 prestige edition for the 360 and im wondering what their delivery times are like, tried googling but not much on there..

any info about them would be great since i wouldnt want to be waiting weeks after release to get to play it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When I pre-ordered GTA 4 LE, I got it 10 working days after the games release, I ended up buying the standard version in a shop on release day.

HMV wont send out pre-orders early unless you live in the UK and you generally will get it on the day of release over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

When I pre-ordered GTA 4 LE, I got it 10 working days after the games release, I ended up buying the standard version in a shop on release day.

HMV wont send out pre-orders early unless you live in the UK and you generally will get it on the day of release over there.

bad times indeed... did you pick the normal postage or the one thats around 20 odd pounds???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I went with the express, I had to with LE of GTA 4 as it was a big package and weighed around 1kg. I ordered the 360 and PS3 version. I think they did have issues at the time getting them all sent out because of the demand.

I can imagine the demand for MW2 to be about the same if not more and hopefully they have learned.

A friend of mine ordered his from game.co.uk and he had his within the week, I think. It was quicker than HMV anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I went with the express, I had to with LE of GTA 4 as it was a big package and weighed around 1kg. I ordered the 360 and PS3 version. I think they did have issues at the time getting them all sent out because of the demand.

I can imagine the demand for MW2 to be about the same if not more and hopefully they have learned.

A friend of mine ordered his from game.co.uk and he had his within the week, I think. It was quicker than HMV anyway.

yeah i went with the normal shipping for it since it didnt specify that i had to go with the 25 pound one so i hope there wont be a problem with size and weight with that delivery choice, i would have gone with game.co.uk if they had the prestige edition but hmv.co.uk snuck in and got the exclusive rights to it which is a pain tbh..

i know ill end up doing what you did with gta and buy a copy the day of release if it doesnt arrive release day.. but surely they have learned their lesson with the mess they made of the gta shipping..

Advertisement