Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra to Pearse Station

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi Guys im just wondering about getting some sort of train to pearse station? Couldn't find anything on irishrail website?? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

heymayo wrote: »
    Hi Guys im just wondering about getting some sort of train to pearse station? Couldn't find anything on irishrail website?? Cheers

walk it, it's a 15-20 minute walk depending on the shortness of your legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

You want to get a train from Drumcondra to Pearse St station in town?
    Would ya not be better getting the bus? :D

or walking....:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many of the Maynooth trains go through to Pearse and stop at Drumcondra.
    Every 20 minutes or so at rush hours - less so during the day.
    Journey takes 15-16 minutes.

You could also get off at Connolly and switch to the DART though that will take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not sure how you couldn't find the info on the site, here is an idea on the timetable.

irishrailyourjourneytim.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

booyah1024 wrote: »
    walk it, it's a 15-20 minute walk depending on the shortness of your legs.
    It'd be double that in fairness.

• Advertisement

The op may use a wheelchair so public transport would be easier than using the pavement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

No 3 Bus might be a faster alternative...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Seconded the number 3 bus.
    Also the 13a bus (Drops at Merrion Square), or the 13 bus (Picks up just south of Drumcondra station, first stop after the canal - Drops at Merrion Square)

Depending on whether your final destination is actually Pearse, there's plenty of other buses that go past Drumcondra station that end up in the general southside inner city area (16 goes via D'olier st, 746 and 11 via College Green, Kildare St, Leeson st)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Rosita

There's no way a bus is going to be faster than the train from Drumcondra train station to Westland Row, at least not consistently anyway with all the stopping.

The reason the OP had problems finding it on the website is that he probably put in 'Pearse Station' rather than 'Pearse'. Same problem will arise if you use 'Heuston Station' rather than 'Heuston'. This seems a bit silly when so many people automatically include the word station when they use the name.

It's funny to see six of the previous eight replies to a question about a train from Drumcondra to Pearse are offering advice on some alternative rather than dealing with the question! :D

It'd remind you of the old Oirish joke about the lad asking for directions - "well I wouldn't start from here!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Cheers for that . looking at the timetable the train would done fine:) how much is a single or return fare BTW?? Thanks

• Advertisement

Cheers for that . looking at the timetable the train would done fine:) how much is a single or return fare BTW?? Thanks

Adult Single €1.65
    Adult Day Return €2.80

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

eirebhoy wrote: »
    It'd be double that in fairness.
    It's only 1.6miles if you take the shortest route, doable in around 22 minutes.

I'm talking about walking here not sauntering along like we see a lot of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Rosita wrote: »
    It's funny to see six of the previous eight replies to a question about a train from Drumcondra to Pearse are offering advice on some alternative rather than dealing with the question! :D

It'd remind you of the old Oirish joke about the lad asking for directions - "well I wouldn't start from here!"

True, and I was one of the offenders ;)

My logic on that was that as far as i know, the trains from Drumcondra to Pearse are fairly infrequent off peak, and fairly stuffed-like-sardines on-peak.
    I think someone also said that a lot of the Drumcondra trains terminate at Connolly too, which would necessitate a switch of platform and taking a DART the last two stops, which in itself could take 10 minutes or longer

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It's only 1.6miles if you take the shortest route, doable in around 22 minutes.

I'm talking about walking here not sauntering along like we see a lot of.
    I'm the fastest walker in Ireland and there's no chance I'd get to Drumcondra from Westland row in 22 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It is 1.65 for the train. If you're already at the train station then it is way faster / easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

I'm the fastest walker in Ireland and there's no chance I'd get to Drumcondra from Westland row in 22 minutes.

Google Maps says 33 mins from Drumcondra Station to Pearse Station, walking.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Lower+Drumcondra+Rd%2FN1&daddr=N11%2FWestland+Row&hl=en&geocode=FRBBLgMdSIGg_w%3BFVz1LQMddqOg_w&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=53.343295,-6.248367&sspn=0.004272,0.009645&ie=UTF8&ll=53.348861,-6.247702&spn=0.034174,0.077162&z=14

Or 25 mins from what Google Maps marks as "Droim Conrach".

Given the time you'd be waiting for the train/bus, and the cost of it, and the exercise you could get from walking, I'd consider the walk. :-)

Your obviously not.

It's easily walked in 22 minutes, 15 min/sub 15 min miles are easily walked.

I am NOT the fastest walker in Ireland and can walk it in 22 minutes and slightly below at a push.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3033241

you should cut down on your porklife, mate, get some exercise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It cost me 2.30 yesterday to go from Drumcondra to Grand Canal Dock on the train.

Maybe the 65c jump in price was for one extra station?

Should of got the No. 3 bus, 1.60 it does cost for same journey

gurramok wrote: »
    It cost me 2.30 yesterday to go from Drumcondra to Grand Canal Dock on the train.

Maybe the 65c jump in price was for one extra station?

Ye pearse is counted as the city centre along with tara and connolly, its at a different rate.

mambo wrote: »
    Yep goes along with this;
    http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/route.do

It's a bit of a pointless debate but I can't believe you could walk from Westland row to Drumcondra in 22 minutes. I overtake everyone in sight when I walk and couldn't do it in anywhere near 22mins.

• Advertisement

The DTO planner is massively over estimated.

I walk 14/15 minute miles. There is absolutely no reason I would come on here saying it could be done in 22 minutes if it couldn't. I'm gone beyond the stage in my life of spending time on meaningless things.

For the record 14/15 minute miles when walking is nothing amazing.

If you want I'll walk the journey and you can record me subject to financial wager, but I'm sure it won't have to come to that.

Advertisement