Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Problems

Options
  • 21-07-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just got upc installed today and i cant say im very impressed.

While i am using a wired connection, i can obtain close to max speed of 20mb/s however, on wireless it drops to around 5mb/s and the other computer wireless is only getting 3mb/s.

That is not my main problem however. Since i started using the new services gaining access to web pages has become extremely annoying and takes some time.
    On trying to open google.ie the following happens.(see attachment) or if i was to search google and click on a result (or a bookmark or any web address) it will say done and the title of the page will change but the page will stay the same. (or if it was in a new tab, it will show a blank page)

Also, when trying to log in to 365online banking it kept telling me i had been inactive for 5 minutes and to re enter my details. 5 attempts before i managed to get in.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Niall

Edit:
    Just to note, on youtube 9 time in 10 when i open videos it will say an error has occurred. Also, sometimes pages will open up in the simple format for slow internet connections.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

UPC been dodgey here for the last 2 days re: web site loading :mad:
    Dublin 14 , dropping my xbox connection etc downloads are fine though.

Any way for your wireless problem ill assume you on windows xp , and that this is a known issue with xp as its not configured for broadband of that speed. Do what i put below and all will be well re: wireless speed :)

(this should get stickied - god knows how many folks are using a 20mb connection and xp , and not getting the full speed :eek: )

download tcpic optimzer http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

whack the slider over to the right , check the box for optimal settings,
    apply changes, reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I've been getting good pings and around 17mbps on my connection but websites are taking ages to load and in some cases only partially load. Was beginning to think safari 4 was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

calex71 wrote: »
    UPC been dodgey here for the last 2 days re: web site loading :mad:
    Dublin 14 , dropping my xbox connection etc downloads are fine though.

Any way for your wireless problem ill assume you on windows xp , and that this is a known issue with xp as its not configured for broadband of that speed. Do what i put below and all will be well re: wireless speed :)

(this should get stickied - god knows how many folks are using a 20mb connection and xp , and not getting the full speed :eek: )

download tcpic optimzer http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

whack the slider over to the right , check the box for optimal settings,
    apply changes, reboot.

Thanks very much. I have gotten much better speeds via wireless since using the optimizer.

Advertisement