Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic referees - UL

Options
  • 21-07-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I am intending to apply to UL for a couple of their courses under the Graduate Skills Conversion Programme (GSCP) and am in a bit of a dilemma regarding "ACADEMIC REFEREES" (*2) on their application form. I am over 10 years out of college and barely remember lectures names never mind still having contact with anyone there. Not sure what the typical procedure for this is - i'm sure it wouldn't look good to leave this blank. So any pointers from anyone would be great. I have a good degree and LC - always blaffled why these places make the application process so complicated, certified transcripts,etc. Would be interested in hearing views from anyone in the same boat..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

I ws in the same boat this year when applying for a masters with Smurfit ( 12 years since I finished my degree). I contacted the course director and asked if work references would do instead. They were ok with this.
    I have being accepted on the course, so it worked for me.

So maybe phone or email the course director and explain the situation.

ETA: The work references gave their take on my ability to learn etc. that I had shown, not the normal work reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eoinS

I was in a similar position for TCD - needed 2 academic references and
    i graduated 12 years ago.

I got in touch with one of the lecturers who i thought might remember me and he was happy to help out but i knew getting a second one would be difficult - so i got in touch with the course director and he was happy to accept the one acadmeic reference and one work reference ....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Please don't post a thread-title in all capitals - thank you!

Advertisement