Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimi Hendrix was murdered ??

• 21-07-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Or is this a spin off from all the speculation about Jacko ??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/02/jimi-hendrix

full article
    Jimi Hendrix was murdered by his manager, according to a new book by one of the guitarist's former roadies. James "Tappy" Wright has claimed that manager Michael Jeffrey confessed to making Hendrix swallow sleeping pills, because he hoped to collect on his client's life insurance policy.

Jeffrey feared being replaced with a new manager, Wright writes in his book Rock Roadie, and decided Hendrix was "worth more to him dead than alive". Jeffrey was allegedly the beneficiary oo the guitarist's $2m life insurance policy (worth around £1.2m in 1970).

According to Wright, Jeffrey told him about the crime in 1971 – a year after 27-year-old Hendrix was found dead in a London hotel. "I had to do it, Tappy," Wright claims the manager said. "You understand, don't you? I had to do it. You know damn well what I'm talking about ... We went round to [his] hotel room, got a handful of pills and stuffed them into his mouth ... then poured a few bottles of red wine deep into his windpipe."

Hendrix was found dead at the Samarkand Hotel on 18 September, 1970. The cause of death was recorded as barbiturate intoxication and inhalation of vomit.

"I can still hear [the] conversation," Wright wrote of Jeffrey's confession, "see the man I'd known for so much of my life, his face pale, hand clutching at his glass in sudden rage."

Hendrix's manager died in a plane crash in 1973.

Comments

I can't believe he's dead.

That's awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I can't believe he's dead.

That's awful
    And I had tickets booked and everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Don't worry guys, the tour organizers are offering all ticket holders some custom LSD he synthesized before he died :)

I saw that guy being interviewed on BBC 2 months ago, I don't believe him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Murdered or not he was a fine piano player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

marcsignal wrote: »
    Jimi Hendrix was murdered...

happens every time there's a cover done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

RIP Jimi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I wouldn't say an ex-roadie would be a very reliable source.you always hear about this kind of thing and 9 times out of 10,It is someone trying to earn a quick buck.

by the way did you know that 70 percent of statistics are mad up on the spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Murdered or not he was a fine piano player

Noooo, thats Elton John your thinking of. Alas he is very much alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

poisonated wrote: »

by the way did you know that 70 percent of statistics are mad up on the spot

Ya, three out of four people know that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Not Hendrix too you callous bastard god.
    Excuse me while I kiss this guy:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

marcsignal wrote: »
    Or is this a spin off from all the speculation about Jacko ??
    It can't be a spin-off from Jacko as it was in the papers at the end of May, which was before Jacko popped his clogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Hendrix's manager died in a plane crash in 1973.

Pay back time! If he did kill his boss well he got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

"And I would have gotten away with it too, had it not been for that pesky roadie what I conveniently confessed the whole thing to and who is now writing a book about it 38 years later..."

Advertisement