Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get pin on adapter fixed?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I have an expensive adapter(transformer?) which allows me to use an electrical devise from the US. One of the pins has broken off the plug because I was forcing it into a socket and not using the 2 to 3 pin adapter. Is there anywhere in Dublin that might be able to fix it. I just want somebody to take a look at it, because buying a new one will be expensive and a lot of hassle as it will have to be hipped from the US. I couldn't think of anywhere when I was in town today. Maplins couldn't help me.

THanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Peats is only around the corner from maplins, they might be able to do something, theres also techguys in PC world in the Jervis centre, i dunno if they'll fit stuff that isnt sold by that shop though so you'd have to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

ok thanks a lot, I'll try both of those places tomorrow. Anyone have any more ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Peats won't be able to help you I'm afraid as we don't do any repairs these days. It's an unusual item to try and get repaired so I'm not sure of anywhere that might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

There used to be a place on keeper road in Drimnagh,I say used to I haven't been there in years,that make and repair all kinds of cables,ie for computers ect,I'm sure they could do the job.*

*If it's their still there.
    PS,keeper road is the right before sundrive garda station from herberton road.

Advertisement