Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places of interest?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Planning a day out in the car soon with a few of the cousins, and I was wondering could anyone advise me on a few places to go? We're thinking more along the lines of 'hidden gems' in Limerick, rather than obvious spots like Hunt Museum, Thomond Park etc.

Any recommendations will be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭miders

Adare, lough gur, curraghchase........

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

miders wrote: »
    Adare, lough gur, curraghchase........

A walk around Adare Manor is lovely

A drive around Foynes Harbour might be nice, might not be evryones cup of tea, but the place is way more bigger than you think, and is quite interesting.

The Tree Stump in Rathkeale if you want a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Biking in the Ballyhoura Mts if you're into that kind of thing. I'd second Curragchase, its very scenic and peaceful. There is also the Celtic Gardens in nearby Kilcornan. Some of the crannógs and ogham stones there are fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Flying Boat museum in Foynes. Or go a bit further into Tarbert and do the prison tour.

Advertisement