Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School Bags for 5th Year

• 21-07-2009 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Heyhey! :)

I'm kind of new here (I had an account without knowing! :p) but I'm going into 5th Year and I'm looking for a new school bag! I'm a girly girl so one that's pink or colourful of some sort! I'm sick of Jansport ones and Ridge50 or whatever it's called! lol!

Any good bags, big enough for 5th year and one that supports my back?!

Thanks!
    =)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

roxy ones are generally good and girly,not sure where you get them here though.

but make sure its strong!saw so many bags rip and snap during 5th and 6th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

just get something plain and basic,christ i cant believe the way some people spend mad money on bags to be fashion its school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

+1 for Roxy bags. They're roomy and very girly.

You can get them in the Roxy shop in Stephen's green, 360 degrees north in blachardstown but if you're on holidays abroad they tend to be a lot cheaper than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

there seems to be a thing in schools these days for brandname bags,same when i was in school all the girls were like sheep to them.i got a nice small red bag in guineys for 8 euros,grand for college
    but back on topic i guess any outdoor shop would be the place.roxy is a surf brand so maybe a surf shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

I want to get one with a good band on it..just something i won't get sick of looking at! Not really too bothered though. A cheap oul one from the bag shop will do as long as it holds together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I had a really good converse one for 5th and 6th year. It was like 20 quid but it held together and I still have it now! Good quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I'm pretty sure Jansport do a baby pink one, it seems to be a perennial style in their range. Think you can get them in the Bag Shop, they've some crazy lifelong guarantee on them too so you'll have it probably until you finish college :) Oh and they have some cool colourful ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaveAFewBob.ie

Both the BagShop and Debenhams luggage dept. have great sales on at the moment that are wrapping up soon. You should be able to find something pretty and practical in either!

I used to just get massive handbags when I was in school and lump everything in to them (I went to the Institute in 5th and 6th year so no uniform). I thought I was so cool not having a rucksack, maybe people would think I was a college person or a worker... My shoulders were always killing me by the end of the day!

Fair play to you for making a responsible decision regards your bag and your back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Roxy all the way! I had a great purple one in 6th year, fit all my books perfectly(I did 7 honours so I had a lot of them :mad:) and the zip never broke or the straps didn't snap! You can get Roxy bags on the internet as well, do a google search, plenty of English surf shops do them and I believe the exchange rate is quite favourable at the moment! And for the sake of your back do after school study, saves you dragging home a lot of extra books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

I always thought Roxy bags were small?! Well they seem to be in the good old Argos cat. :P

I plan on using a handbag aswell for like lunch, pencil cases etc. And the one I plan using has room for a book//folder in case theres no room in my school bag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Try SportsHouse, the irish brand- you can find them in all good camping shops. I've had mine about 9 years now, bought it for college and it gets loads of use now I've finished. I have a purple one, don't know if they do a pink version but they last for life, my dad has one about 20 years, I think they're actually guaranteed for life.
    Best brand for rucksacks or backpacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I dont remember carting too many books around in school with the locker and all, you should go for a nice (spacious!) shoulder-bag you'll get weekend usage out of too, the less schooly the better!You can generally get 'em in girly colours or neutral colours without too much searching, and they look the biz.

125m9l5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I had sporthouse rucksacks and I found them excellent. I had about four or five different ones throughout school/college whichI still have and still use. Great choice of colours, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00ALXANDRA00

ye defo roxy. i had one last year in 5th year and its really held up well. You can get them in roxy (at the back of quiksilver) in Stephens grn. SC on the ground floor! Or in 53 degrees north. Enjoy 5th year!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive a roxy 1 (i only noticed now that its roxy..), its nice & pretty & girly, got it in argos yrs ago. but its quite small, dont think it would fit lots of LC books into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

roxy for the colours and patterns, shop at the end of ha'penny bridge on the north side does them. just up from abbey street, although i would recommend asking anyone you know going to the states to pick one up for you,soo much cheaper I bought one there last year($25/30) and it was different to all the usuals and a different shape to the standard one too, it'll last you well and is surprisingly spacious.
    Jansport have also started the coloulred/patterned bag craze can get them in most sports shops/bag shops and arnotts as far as i know jansport have a life time or 30 year guarantee im not sure which!!
    the bag shop also has lovely coloured bags and at reasonable prices....not sure how sturdy they are!

Advertisement