Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hangover flashbacks

• 21-07-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm still getting over the horrors of a family BBQ last Saturday and I'm still not fully functioning :( Fair enough though, I was drinking cocktails from 4pm till bout 9am which led to a lot of messyness.... and flashbacks!

The worst part about me being drunk is my inability to whisper, and I have at least four vivid images of people I'm talking about at the party throwing daggers my way.... I now realise I was shouting what I was saying about them right in their direction! I also have a flashback of calling my sister-in-law a slut (to her face) and then trying to defend myself. I find it kinda funny but then i remember I have to talk to these people again so Im in the ****! So I was wondering.... whats your best/worst flashback??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Waking up to a voice whispering in my ear ...........Hi honey, we got married last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm like Spock, they're too terrible to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

The worst part about me being drunk is my inability to whisper

Pfft, what a n00b.
    You clearly didn't drink enough.
    Once you've gotten enough booze into your system a fog of invisibility descends upon you.
    You'll notice that everything more than 2ft away is blurry and out of focus.
    You can't see them so obviously they can't see you.
    Congragulations, you'll have finally made it to the final stage of drunkeness - 'The Invisibility Stage'.
    You can strip naked, jump up on tables and scream at the top of your voice, doesn't matter, nobody can see you.

The invisibility stage of drunkeness follows closely on from the invincible stage of drunkeness.
    It takes perseverance, commitment and dediaction to get to this utopian state but it's well worth it.

P.S. Don't forget, if you can't remember it then it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2QAp4cj1KQ

this is my hangover flashback.... oohhhhhh i was drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

galwayrush wrote: »
    Waking up in a prison cell to a voice whispering in my ear ...........Hi honey, we got married last night.

FYP

I know who did you last summer! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Last week...arghhh:( I feel like such a plonker for all my rambling :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

After a long night with a bottle of Sambuca i got into bed at 6 in the morning and was woken up at 7 to go fishing. Around 3pm in the middle of shivering my hole off and not catching a single thing i remembered sticking my tongue down the throath of my mates mother about 12 hours earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Woke up a few weeks ago and headed into work after a horribly drunken night. I was trying not to die and listening to a girl I work with talking about how she had an ear infection when I remembered I'd texted a guy I was seeing the night before.... "I just wanna suck your ear, mmmmm". Then I got sick. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 NatKingColeslaw

I have one vivid booze flashback that wants to emerge but for 4 years I have kept it at bay.

If a person can have blackouts then at least they can have a level playing field with them.

Long may it stay that way :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Jebus Christ did I actually post that on boards last nite :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

scouttio wrote: »

I'm guessing your parents were as well if they called you "Scout?"

I'm guessing your parents were as well if they called you "Scout?"

well actuly i was named after the girl in to kill a mockingbird.
    ok not really its a nickname ha

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

Novella wrote: »
    Woke up a few weeks ago and headed into work after a horribly drunken night. I was trying not to die and listening to a girl I work with talking about how she had an ear infection when I remembered I'd texted a guy I was seeing the night before.... "I just wanna suck your ear, mmmmm". Then I got sick. :o

mmm...and what should it have read???:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

benj wrote: »
    mmm...and what should it have read???:D

;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The worst part about me being drunk is my inability to whisper, and I have at least four vivid images of people I'm talking about at the party throwing daggers my way.... I now realise I was shouting what I was saying about them right in their direction!
    Servers yer right tpbh. Shouldn't be talking about people behind their backs, regardless of the volume ;)
    I also have a flashback of calling my sister-in-law a slut (to her face)
    Feel that remorse...
    and then trying to defend myself.
    .... or maybe not...
    I find it kinda funny but then i remember I have to talk to these people again so Im in the ****!
    Don't worry, I'd imagine you'll find yourself with some time for personal reflection. I doubt you will be troubled with an invite for a while ;)
    So I was wondering.... whats your best/worst flashback??
    Accidently sending my Dad a suggestive message :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Oh snap - except I sent it off the laptop to half my phonebook. Something along the lines of "well, if you dont bring me back a pressie, youre not getting yours ;););)". Nothing to savage but warranted a frantic squinting at of keyboard and attempting to back track in a futile attempt to claim Id been txting someone on hols.
    I doubt anyone believed me. And I got a text off my Mother telling me to cop on and put the phone away! Kill me now.

Im too bothered by the horrors when Im hungover to bother even thinking so flashbacks crept up 2/3 days later. Usually in a verey mundane senario like eating lunch. Fork stops half way to mouth, stare bang straight ahead for 8 seconds with mouth open while horroe sinks in and then slowly lower fork with tomato and pasta onto white tablecloth. Lose appetite and sneak off for phone confirmation of DT'd event. Confirm. Swear off drink forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I don't do post mortems after nights out...

I hate when people ring you up to remind you of instances..

They should mind their own business.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Serves you right; whispering in public is incredibly rude. It's a pet hate of mine and I'm not prudish by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Happens to me every day after a night on the piss, i'm don't get angry, i just seem to get into deep, 'honest' chats with my best mates telling them of their flaws, bad habits and other stuff people don't wanna hear.
    Always feel guilty the next day and it's all blown out of proportion because of the hangover...
    i'm quite sensitive you know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

Abigayle wrote: »

according to Freud there is no such thing as a mistake :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Serves you right; whispering in public is incredibly rude. It's a pet hate of mine and I'm not prudish by any means.

I didnt whisper.... I was trying to lol

oh actuly from the night of my video ( link on page one ) i was told the next day that i said, quite loud, jesus id rape those stairs....... i was also told that on the way home i looked behind me and saw i few people and said, again quite loud, ooh rape.....i dont remember it so it didnt happen!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

scouttio wrote: »

I can honestly say, you are one person I think I would hate to go drinking with. That's not even fun drunk, it's just plain old, get him out of here please, drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

according to Freud there is no such thing as a mistake :D

Tell that to my therapissed!

I can honestly say, you are one person I think I would hate to go drinking with. That's not even fun drunk, it's just plain old, get him out of here please, drunk.

to be honest this is the one and only time i was that bad. everyone needs their one bad night ha
    dam 3 euro shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

happens dude fk the haters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I woke up hungover and there was a flashback of ghosts in the house.
    V scarey:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Abigayle wrote: »
    Accidentally sending my Dad a suggestive message :/
    OMG! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭ceannair06

I got trousered and told my mate's ma that his girlfriend was the bitch from Hell.

I stand by it but regret saying it!!!

Though as my mother, God rest her soul, used to say "A sober man's thoughts are a drunken man's words".

Though on the plus side in made Christmases cheaper!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

galwayrush wrote: »
    Waking up to a voice whispering in my ear ...........Hi honey, we got married last night.

double sickener if it was your brother saying that to you.

Advertisement