Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Concrete Battle of the Beats

Options
  • 21-07-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

This weekend for the first time ever at the Kings of Concrete Festival CmX and Kounter Kulture Present: The Irish Undaground Battle of the Beats.

Anyone can enter but HipHop style beats are essential as MCs cast votes for the winning beat.

Each Beat Maker who wishes to participate will submit one beat - the one they feel is their best beat for Irish Hip Hop - and send it to irishundaground@gmail.com as an MP3 at minimum 192kbps (ideally 320kbps)

2z99umo.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

When do they need to be sent in by, i know KOC starts on Saturday, so do you need them by Thursday, Friday?

I'm actually gonna be photographing it, so might as well send one in for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Do you need just loops? or whole sections?

So has anyone put in for this? I spent yesterday and this morning writing a tune and stuck it in for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I was thinking about it, but there's no details, official site or anything. I mean if an MC wants to rap over the top they could just mean a short loop - or they want a full song? - who knows.

Well, the OP probably does, but hasn't replied to the thread yet - he says 'submit one beat' ;) - the opportunity for sarcasm there is immense. ;)

Neurojazz wrote: »
    I was thinking about it, but there's no details, official site or anything. I mean if an MC wants to rap over the top they could just mean a short loop - or they want a full song? - who knows.

Well, the OP probably does, but hasn't replied to the thread yet - he says 'submit one beat' ;) - the opportunity for sarcasm there is immense. ;)

It does kind of make you want to send in a singular snare or something alright.

Well, i sent them in a full track and just got an email back from them there to say thanks. As such, i think they meant full song?

*grins* It should be pretty funny if it's played over the PA at any stage....the sample i used echoing around the Dublin Civic offices would be pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Neurojazz wrote: »
    - he says 'submit one beat'
    *submits one kick drum sample*

http://soundcloud.com/shatterfreak/the-big-backdown

Ah well, thats getting sporadic play down at KOC, so can i claim that "thousands" of people have heard and been dissapointed by my beats?:)

Advertisement