Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advise needed on very fast sale

• 21-07-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am about to head home to New Zealand mid august and will need to sell my car before I leave. I will need it up until the 12th and leave on the 18th so don't have much time. Other than having a go on carzone and done deal what other options do i have for getting a fast sale?

The car is a '99 Opal Corsa. It runs great but the NCT expires at the end of August. I think it should pass. Should i have it tested or just sell as is?

Thanks for any thoughts

Aaron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A fresh NCT will hyelp things, it'll also need to be very well priced to tempt people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you haven't an NCT date booked at this stage then it is highly unlikely you will get a date before you leave.

Without an NCT and the time scale you are leaving then the to sell it quickly the important words on any advert should be "very" and "cheap".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Aaron,

Generally buyers will find the car they want first and then query details like NCT & service history. You could get a service on the car prior to selling but this will reduce the amount of money that you will receive.

I'd recommend advertising on every free site that you can find and perhaps put a notice up in the local shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Merlin car auctions in Naas on a saturday morning. The prices some stuff is making down there as thoses cannie punters line up to buy all the " bargains " is just unreal. One way or the other its cash and its gone. Just remember no NCT and quick sale needed equals poor price for your car so just be realistic about your expectation on how much it will make......What type of car is it anyway. Give us the spec and year etc and we'll try to give you an idea how much it should make.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 solee

Thanks for the replies.

I've booked in for nct and am quite hopeful it should pass.

@ Saab Ed - Its a 99 Opel Corsa Viva X1.0 XE. about 69000 miles, runs well. a few dings here and there but nothing big. front passenger door does not work on central locking.
    I'm hoping for somewhere in the range of €750 but am realistic that in the time frame that may not be achievable.

Cheers

Aaron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Merlin car auctions in Naas on a saturday morning. The prices some stuff is making down there as thoses cannie punters line up to buy all the " bargains " is just unreal. One way or the other its cash and its gone. Just remember no NCT and quick sale needed equals poor price for your car so just be realistic about your expectation on how much it will make......What type of car is it anyway. Give us the spec and year etc and we'll try to give you an idea how much it should make.;)

+1 If you want to get rid of it fast, bring it to Merlins and they give you cash for your car. But don't pin your hopes on getting what you think you should get for it. Good luck and hope you get a sale.

Advertisement