If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV dilemma: Richer or DID?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Hi John, Ash et al.

I've been given the wonderful task to sort out a tv for the future mother-in-law.

She has already gone to DID electrical today and came back with a quote on 2 screens she liked the look of - imagine my surprise to find that they are decent models to boot ;)

Philips 32PFL5404 (with a DVD player thrown in - didn't get model number unfortunatley) for €489.95

Samsung LE32B530 for €479.95

From checking the previous posts, the prices are pretty much the same for the Sammy and the Philips (but there is a DVD player too with this)

DID is close to home but I personally would rather deal with you lovely people.

Anything that can be done on the above would be appreciated.

Regards,

Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Quazzy

I'll do that package price for you on the Philips 32PFL5404H + Philips DVP3310 matching DVD player.

As it's your future mother-in-law you should really step her up to a 32PFL8404H + BR player and keep her sweet!!

I have both series TV and DVP3310 in stock as I type this...Shall I hold a pack aside for you???

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

AshMiller wrote: »

As it's your future mother-in-law you should really step her up to a 32PFL8404H + BR player and keep her sweet!!

Cheers
    Ash
    How much would ya be doing that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Quazzy

I'll do that package price for you on the Philips 32PFL5404H + Philips DVP3310 matching DVD player.

I have both series TV and DVP3310 in stock as I type this...Shall I hold a pack aside for you???

Cheers
    Ash

Thank's for the reply Ash.

I think the BR would be a step too far too soon tbh.

Can you better the DID offer on the Philips package per chance?
    Not looking for miracles but perhaps €469.95

Thanks again,

Q

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

come on now - of course we will beat it - how about €479 for the 5404/DVD and free delivery to the Mammys?

Or

How about €559 for the same package but replace the basic DVD with a nice shiny black Blu-ray DVD and again Ashley will drive the package to Mammys, be nice to her and earn you lots of Browny credits (so you can spend more with us later!)

Thanks again and keep us posted!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Thanks for the reply John and the offer.

I actually rang Ash @ 5 ish and he offered me the Philips package for €479 so i jumped in the car and headed into town.

Traffic was a nightmare but I called Ash and he said he would wait for me.

So, I arrived at 6:15 with the TV and DVD (and a scart cable to boot) waiting for me.

Its at the mother in law's now and she happy out.

@Ash
    Thanks for waiting and for the deal.

This was my first Philips/Richer purchase but it won't be my last.

@ John - Give Ash a Raise ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Quazzy

No worries I know how important it is keeping on (future) mother-in-laws side!
    After all they turn into actual mother-in-laws!!!

Hope she enjoys it.

Atb
    Ash

Oh as for your last point...........:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.