Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting a rent review?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone help me please!
    I would like to request a review of my rent.
    I have done a bit of research & have proof that the rent in our estate is lower in most other houses & would like to request our letting agents review the rent in the hope that they reduce it.. How should I do this? What should I say / do? The letting agents aren't the most approachable people in the world & I would like to ensure that I do this in the most effective way possible , within my rights etc..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I doubt if you will get one if you have a lease & a fixed amount per week/month for certain amount of time( 6 months , year etc.)
    You signed a contract you are obliged to abide by it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

It can't hurt to just ask them outright, but if you have a fixed term lease they're under no obligation to do a rent review. It may help to get daft links to the other, cheaper properties, and be ready for comebacks liek 'oh, but THAT one hasn't got X,Y or Z'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You are entitled to an annual rent review. If you've been there over a year, and haven't had one as yet- request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

oh and of course dont forget to ask for an upwards rent review when rental prices start to rise again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I got 2 rent reductions in the space of 9 months - if you are a good tenant and the LL wants to keep the property rented they will agree. There is no harm in asking. We went through our letting agent - told them other properties in the area were renting for a lot less and we wanted a reduction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement