Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOLICITORS

Options
  • 21-07-2009 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

IM 25 AND REALLY WANT TO WORK IN LAW. IM GOING TO STUDY FOR A DIPLOMA IN LEGAL STUDIES IN OCTOBER. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A SOLICTOR WILL TAKE ME ON BEFORE I GET MY DIPLOMA OR DO I NEED A DIPLOMA. I'D LIKE TO GET SOME EXPERIANCE BEFORE I START MY STUDYING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Probably best finding the caps lock first.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

HA HA GOOD MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

You could get work as a clerk (though times are tough in the law game so its unlikely), or if you were in college you could get work as an intern. Otherwise its doubtful, trainnee's are usually taken on when the have passed all their FE1's (and/or have graduated with a good law degree before sitting their FE1's)

Edit: Technically you dont need a law degree/diploma in order to get into blackhall however they do help (especially with employment).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Huggles wrote: »
    Probably best finding the caps lock first.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I STARTED OFF AS A (oh sorry) I started off as a receptionist and worked my way up, and studied law by night. If you are female, starting on reception will get you onto legal sec, if your male, then you should try looking in other areas, and brushing up on your typing skills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ROCKYCASH

Shower of ****:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

ROCKYCASH wrote: »
    Shower of ****:D

Less of the language. You're 25 - act like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>If you are female, starting on reception will get you onto legal sec, if your male, then you should try looking in other areas...

I've heard the same, sexism, but because its not against women no one cares (yet)

Advertisement