Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I just bought a Tokina 11-16....

• 21-07-2009 9:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

...and I'm praying I won't get stung with import duty/taxes.

But even if I do it will still work out cheaper than buying in Ireland.

Really looking forward to this, have wanted a UWA for a long time! Of course it was between this, the sigma 10-20 and the canon 10-22. After countless hours of reading I think overall this is better value.

Now I have to wait:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Congrats on your new purchase,MagicMarker:cool:.

I too have bought a lens today...a Nikon 80-200mm f2.8. No import taxes,though,as it's in the eu....but yeah, ...the wait's a killer.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

and congrats to you Nforce.

Now we can be poor together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The Nikon 80-200 2.8 is a fantastic lens! I have one...not quite the newest version of it and its cracking. It'll build your muscles up a good bit too! One thing to look out for if it is a twin ring version is the button/clip for the AF/M focus on the lens dones't always pop to lock the lens in AF or manual focus...so it can sometimes move off AF and you'll be wondering why the hell your lens isn't focusing....other than that its a beast. They don't come with lens hoods but they can be picked up eBay for about €7 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Thanks,Magicmarker:cool:

Cheers,Pete...nope mine isn't the latest version either...it's the olde classic (?) AF
    comes complete with a decent 77mm hoya uv filter,HN-28 lens hood and the CL-43A box. It was an emergency purchase as I've been volunteered to look after the photography for an upcoming wedding. I didn't fancy been up in the wedding couples face during the nuptials, and I doubt if my 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 VR would suffice, so I took the plunge on this lens.:D

woo, Tokina has been shipped already! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

...and I'm praying I won't get stung with import duty/taxes.

But even if I do it will still work out cheaper than buying in Ireland.

Really looking forward to this, have wanted a UWA for a long time! Of course it was between this, the sigma 10-20 and the canon 10-22. After countless hours of reading I think overall this is better value.

Now I have to wait:(

where did you buy it from ?

Bought it off eBay, couldn't find it cheaper or even match the price anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Got mine off eBay as well and unfortunately had to pay the import tax...
    But it's a great lens and it's 2.8.

sasar wrote: »
    Got mine off eBay as well and unfortunately had to pay the import tax...
    But it's a great lens and it's 2.8.
    Had much was it eBay, and how much import tax? If you don't mind me asking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

If I remember correctly I paid ~420EUR for the lens + ~60EUR on import tax.
    I might be selling it soon though as I'm planning to upgrade to FF.

• Advertisement

That's not too bad actually, I'm paying 450 and was expecting €100 on import fees. Hopefully I'll get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

That's not too bad actually, I'm paying 450 and was expecting €100 on import fees. Hopefully I'll get away with it.

Did you get away with it?

DadaKopf wrote: »
    Did you get away with it?
    Indeed I did:D

It was shipped (free, I might add) from Hong Kong on the Wednesday, and I got it on Friday, now THAT's good service!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Indeed I did:D

It was shipped (free, I might add) from Hong Kong on the Wednesday, and I got it on Friday, now THAT's good service!!

Sounds like the work of DigitalRev to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Congrats Magicmarker!
    I am really sad right now :(

Advertisement