Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items Bought and Paid for Online - Now Saying Items Out of Stock

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I bought a few items recently from an well known UK online clothes store. The items were all part of a sale and had been reduced from £35 down to £7 each. So I decided to buy 3 of them at the reduced price.

The website in question has a system, if the system is out of stock, it tells you immediatly that they are not in stock. All three of the items were in stock and I paid for them. I got my email to say the ordeer had gone through with no problems.

The items hadn't arrived after two weeks, so I dropped them a mail to see if they had been dispatched. A couple of hours later they mail me to say that the items were out of stock, they wont be getting them back in and that they will refund me the money in the next few days?

Does this seem strange to anyone? And do they have the right to do this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes they have every right to do this.

Sorry, out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Legally once they withdrew the money, they had accepted your offer but I'd assume they have a term in the contract for these situations. You wouldn't have much recourse either way anyways

Advertisement