Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC 2 URBAN XTREME

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Shadow Recon just back from another great day, cheers guys!

Just think there's a couple af things worth mentioning,
    After some confusion earlier over mission rules, i think that the rules of the game should definately be FULLY explained to each team before the games start, i mean without leaving anything to speculation or having any leniancy, this saves people getting confused about what's happening and moaning about it and it saves the marshalls having to listen to them moan.
    Secondly, since everybody pays for their 2 or 4 hours, its safe to say that they should get their 2 or 4 hours of gameplay and not be waiting for people to get ready, if theyre not ready when the game starts, then its their problem, everyone else shouldn't have to stand around and wait for them while they waste time, fair is fair, if you need extra time to get ready, maybe you should get there earlier.
    Lastly (at the risk of sounding like a whiney b****) as we all know (or at least some of us) airsoft is a game of honor and as such people should respect the rules and CALL THEIR HITS, if people wont play by the rules then they should be punished for it! Anyone who's been to Finglas and was caught cheating knows the game, Firing Squad, 3 seconds, Full-auto.
    Fair is fair, play by the rules or dont play at all, go find another sport that accepts cheating.

After all the sport is about having a bit of craic, so just respect it.

dwelby101, we here at G-TAC are sorry to hear you had issues on the day. Firstly there was a bit of confusion at the end of one of the games but after checking with Evelyn, she told me she informed your whole team of the rules.

Secondly, we allowed the games to go on at the end of the first session for about 10 to 15 minuets to compensate for the late start.

Thirdly, non taking of hits was evident on both sides and was dealt with as best we could at the time.

Lastly if you felt strongly enough to make a public post about this, did you bring it to our attention befor leaving. We are always open to constructive criticism and welcome this as we feel it makes us stronger. But if you have an issue please bring it to our attention and not in a public forum.

Firing squads are a form of assault and as far as I know are not condened at any site and will under no circumstance be used at G-TAC2 UX.
    Thanks for reading,
    Martin, Evelyn and the team at G-TAC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Back from my second day at G-TAC UX and was as good as the last but we got pwn'ed by A.T.F :pac:

Thanks again to everyone who made it possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Back from my second day at G-TAC UX and was as good as the last but we got pwn'ed by A.T.F :pac:

Thanks again to everyone who made it possible!
    what do you mean pwn'ed by A.T.F ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Shadow Recon just back from another great day, cheers guys!

Just think there's a couple af things worth mentioning,
    After some confusion earlier over mission rules, i think that the rules of the game should definately be FULLY explained to each team before the games start, i mean without leaving anything to speculation or having any leniancy, this saves people getting confused about what's happening and moaning about it and it saves the marshalls having to listen to them moan.
    Secondly, since everybody pays for their 2 or 4 hours, its safe to say that they should get their 2 or 4 hours of gameplay and not be waiting for people to get ready, if theyre not ready when the game starts, then its their problem, everyone else shouldn't have to stand around and wait for them while they waste time, fair is fair, if you need extra time to get ready, maybe you should get there earlier.
    Lastly (at the risk of sounding like a whiney b****) as we all know (or at least some of us) airsoft is a game of honor and as such people should respect the rules and CALL THEIR HITS, if people wont play by the rules then they should be punished for it! Anyone who's been to Finglas and was caught cheating knows the game, Firing Squad, 3 seconds, Full-auto.
    Fair is fair, play by the rules or dont play at all, go find another sport that accepts cheating.

After all the sport is about having a bit of craic, so just respect it.

The very fact that some people just think they know it all and just don't listen to the briefing at the start of a game can mess a game up, God knows I've giving a detailed briefing and explained all the details and objectives required for a game just to be asked after the whistle is blown "what's the game, scenario, respawns and where is the respawn".

Some people think that a game will wait for them as they have paid their money and it should not start without them?? I mean how F.u.ck.ing long does it take to pour some bb's into a mag and play??
    You don't need five guns, 4 grenades and a claymore to win the game:cool: where's the skill in that??

Now that you've played in inclosed invoiroment you can see who's cheating more clearly and as frustrating as it is, take stock in the fact that they have to cheat to combat you're skill in that arena:D;)

We don't issue firing squads at Fingal anymore, it served it's purpose at the time as there was a high amount of forcefields/bb deflectors that players brought to the field:( but I have not seen any non-hit taking at our site in a long time. There will be no more Firing Squads on our site EVER!

One issue that we have problems with is people not shouting that they are hit, they just raise their hand and walk back to respawn.... they do not see the benefits of letting their team mates know that their postition is now compromised and that it needs reinforcments:confused::confused:

Anyway just put it down to being a bad day at the office, it will not always be like that!!

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Lookin forward to seein you guys again very soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭airsoftjunkie

what a day yesterday frist time in g-tac2 and wont be the last , actually being able to clear real rooms by kicking in doors etc was A1 and yes there was some non hit taking but every site every sunday will have the same crap, but if people have to cheat to beat you well thats just a testament to you on how SHI,T HOT YOU ARE

mafiaboy wrote: »
    what do you mean pwn'ed by A.T.F ???

Pwn :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

LOL

+1 welby

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

WOW what a site hats off to Mairtin and Evelyn the site kicks ass had a great time yesterday unfortunatly there where cases of non hit taking and blind firing but we just reported it to the marshalls and Mairtin and were happy the way they dealt with it spot on we would'nt let it ruin our day
    The second session was better more people turned up after a few left and the games went a lot better no messing,the bus is a big plus as well as ''The Dark room'' the upstairs adds a whole new gaming area which you can snip at players below fantastic
    i would Recommend it to everyone easy to find as well, big thank you to Mairtin and Evelyn The G-Tac crew and all the players[the ones who played by the rules]for a great day

thats me been Pwn lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Must get around to sorting that trip out soon guys. We are itching to get down, I think a few of us are ironing our shirts for the occasion ( Hawks tertiary loadout will be in play).

I think you guys were passing details in between Steve Fay, so I'll get in touch with him to hook up with you guys and get the ball rolling. We would ideally like to get down as soon as possible, cause the suspense is killing us :)

Look forward to the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

thats me been Pwn lol

lol

great site it really raises the bar, just need to start converting some of the cover (tyres, pallets, branches??) to something more realistic or maybe more rooms.

the site is really big and you keep seeing new areas throughout the day, it was great fun doing some door kicking and storming rooms and the dark room is a really nice touch, the "battle bus" was a nice surprise too,

really enjoyed the three man last stand on the mezzinene level for me one of the best games of the day.

reccomend the site its only a few hours from dublin its well worth the trip over your guarenteed to be impressed

A.T.F wrote: »
    WOW what a site hats off to Mairtin and Evelyn the site kicks ass had a great time yesterday unfortunatly there where cases of non hit taking and blind firing but we just reported it to the marshalls and Mairtin and were happy the way they dealt with it spot on we would'nt let it ruin our day
    The second session was better more people turned up after a few left and the games went a lot better no messing,the bus is a big plus as well as ''The Dark room'' the upstairs adds a whole new gaming area which you can snip at players below fantastic
    i would Recommend it to everyone easy to find as well, big thank you to Mairtin and Evelyn The G-Tac crew and all the players[the ones who played by the rules]for a great day

Thanks Alan delighted you all had a great time you guys are welcome down anytime the game up on the upper level with guys all storming upto get Dennis and co was epic and to see you guys as swat clearing out the offices that was brillant looking forward to seeing the photographs.
    Regards Evelyn

johnboyire wrote: »
    lol

great site it really raises the bar, just need to start converting some of the cover (tyres, pallets, branches??) to something more realistic or maybe more rooms.

the site is really big and you keep seeing new areas throughout the day, it was great fun doing some door kicking and storming rooms and the dark room is a really nice touch, the "battle bus" was a nice surprise too,

really enjoyed the three man last stand on the mezzinene level for me one of the best games of the day.

reccomend the site its only a few hours from dublin its well worth the trip over your guarenteed to be impressed[/quote

Thanks John delighed you enjoyed it,
    i have to agree that game storming the mez was the best and to see ye in action was fantastic

G-TAC2 Urban Xtreme is a must DO for any airsofters that wont to come in from the colded. i was thinking indoor was not for me and boy was i Wong the site is huge i had to do 3 recons to get the feel to the place. the games are really really fast there are two ways or more into each room and pep's above firing down at you. the dark room is a place NOT to be rushed into lightly or passed by lightly as shots come flying at you from the dark as the guys with the swat shield found out...
    Evelyn & martin have pulled one more out of the hat...
    p.s next time pick some one Else as a god daam v.i.p

Thankyou to everyone who played last night brillant games and ye all played so well and hope you all liked the new game attack the mez.

p.s next time pick some one Else as a god daam v.i.p

Yeah you sucked as a v.i.p we couldn't find you! :pac:

Martin/Evelyn ye should do an all pistols game sometime, they're great craic.

Great news folks,
    The much awaited G-TAC2 shooting range is now open. We have 3 lanes and plan for a further 2. The range will be available during times there are no games on. There will be no membership required and you can use your own equipment as long as it complies with current legislation.

The Cost: €10 per hour with your own equipment . €5 per hour for a rental. €3 for 1 large target or €3 for three small targets.

Contact us on the booking for any other information you require.
    All the Best,
    G-TAC2 UX Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

(a few...) AALIENS to play later on - hope there is op-force

Yeah you sucked as a v.i.p we couldn't find you!

i was in the bus just me and my bodyguard sent the rest of the lads to go kill your V.I.P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Would love to see some more photos of the site if anyone could link me. Cheers!

markomongo wrote: »
    Would love to see some more photos of the site if anyone could link me. Cheers!
    hi at the start of this thread there is some photos also on the iaa website there is photos done kindly by stephen fayer

how about these taking of us when we where there last sunday

I can always count on you dennis :Dsome nice shots there

there not my pictures that lads in your place gave them to us.. ill have to come down and do a video clip for you guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

how about these taking of us when we where there last sunday

Cant wait to get the squad down. Well done all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Hi G-Tac,
    Am I too late to book a place on the 3pm slot tomorrow. Never got a chance to call the number before 5.30 and I am making my way to Galway tonight. Thanks.

Carl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Mmmm, loads of pictures of players, got any of the site? :)

Miscreant wrote: »
    Hi G-Tac,
    Am I too late to book a place on the 3pm slot tomorrow. Never got a chance to call the number before 5.30 and I am making my way to Galway tonight. Thanks.

Carl.

Hi Carl,
    Sorry we missed your post. Shouldnt be a problem.

All please note: there is always someone on site to answer the phone until at 7:30pm.

Many Thanks,
    Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Myself, John and a semi noob for the 3pm slot. If thats ok. P.s wont be bringing the smelly brand of propane:D.

• Advertisement

Myself, John and a semi noob for the 3pm slot. If thats ok. P.s wont be bringing the smelly brand of propane:D.

is this for sunday hun

Advertisement