Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking 720 X3

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi Guys , First post in this part of the forums so ill make it good :D

Im trying to overclock my AMD 720 x3 , Specs of my system are as follows.

Msi 770-c45 , V1.3b2 bios
    720 X3 (Wont Unlock )
    4gb Ocz Platinum 1600mhz @ 1.8v
    Ati Radeon 4850 512mb @ Stock (For Now)
    550W enermax , 36 amp rails.
    Spire Thermax II Cpu cooler.

Ok so the story so far is that I can get the chip to 3.2ghz absolutely stable with prime . Settings are 200 x 16 , 1.3375v @ 29°C under load.

Once I knew that was stable I tried for 3.4ghz , 200x17 1.4V 32°C under load
    Ive tried setting the HT link to 1800mhz and NB to 2000mhz but it still wont improve stability for any longer than 20 mins on prime. Ive tried lower and higher voltages on the cpu but still cant get it stable for more than 20 mins on prime. Worst was 3400mhz 200X17 1.385v , lasted 2 mins in prime

I have CnQ turned off , C1E is disabled , ram is running unganged and only at 1066mhz @ 1.76v while OCing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gonzales24

my works pretty good @ 3.7 1.55v.... the serial number starts with 0904, so there is a very good possibility to unlock the fourth core.. the thing is .. u can unlock it with all 790 Biostar MB and foxonn MB... the othere once doesnt suport it... there is a tweaker around, he does the beta bios for do ASUS.. downloaded the asus M4A79 Deluxe beta... the thing is .. u have to force flash ur bios to isntall the new one... so failed yesterday... going for holliday 2day... so will try when will be back.. :) see ya
    beta bios

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Odd. I'd usually just make rude noises about the motherboard stability but the 770-C45 is usually a goodie for BE OCing...

I'd still try again with slightly higher vCPU and see if it has better stability. Surprised you have to go over 1.4V already at just 3.4GHz though... and you shouldn't even need to play with the HT speed unless you're playing with the FSB speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

This is relevant to my interests :pac:

I'm currently at 3.2ghz with just raising the multiplier and will be looking to push further when the new heatsink arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

The guy mentioned that does bios is called Toppic I think, can't recall the forum he inhabits but I did get a beta from there. I'm sure sure a Google with his name and 720 be or whatever will get you where your going.

Advertisement