Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz Car Insurance

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is it like the Irish model, where you need to insure the driver, or is it like the American where you need to insure the car? or what is it like?

Cheers for the help,

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Na the car comes with Rego, for the year, costs a few hundred$, it includes a basic insurance. you can buy 3rd party insurance for 3/400$ on top if you feel the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Na the car comes with Rego, for the year, costs a few hundred$, it includes a basic insurance. you can buy 3rd party insurance for 3/400$ on top if you feel the need.

Well the plan is to buy a piece of crap car to travel the country in, will I need to insure it? Or will it come insured etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

DamoDLK wrote: »

what does the rego cover if it doesn't cover 3rd party?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Well the plan is to buy a piece of crap car to travel the country in, will I need to insure it? Or will it come insured etc?

I would love to be doing this again. Jeal-ous!

Advertisement