Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson K800i died :(

• 21-07-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I have/had a Sony Ericcson K800i. THe battery died on me the other night so I plugged it in to recharge. When I tried to turn it on again the screen came on, blank, and the phone vibrated a bit (like it always does when it's about to start up). Screen went off again a few seconds later. It kept doing that then a few times until I took the battery out...

Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When you have the phone off but charging the screen stays lit doesn't it? Try it again, in case you didn't hit the power button hard enough?

(sorry, trying to get the basics out of the way first!)

+ Edit - some posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic. PM me if you have a problem with this. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

lauratkd wrote: »
    I have/had a Sony Ericcson K800i. THe battery died on me the other night so I plugged it in to recharge. When I tried to turn it on again the screen came on, blank, and the phone vibrated a bit (like it always does when it's about to start up). Screen went off again a few seconds later. It kept doing that then a few times until I took the battery out...

Any ideas???

I would go into one of your network provider's stores, if you bought it from your network provider, and see if they have a K800i battery you can test in your handset to confirm if it is a battery fault. If they don't have any K800i handsets, then ask them to test the battery from any of the handsets listed here, as they all use the same BST-33 battery, as found in the K800i.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

I have tried a few times to turn it back on and it's not working!!!
    Also, I have tried other batteries already and it's not a battery problem.
    Brought it into shop today and they've seen it before but don't know how to fix it. They suggested trying to update phone software. All I've to do now is find the (2 year old) box with the cd and cable!

Advertisement