Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Latte and Roll at O'Briens for €8.00

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Oh bugger, they are closing down. I can't think why?:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Biggest rip off joint in town - could never understand people who went there even in flush times. Service was always muck.

One place I wont miss WHEN it closes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

they deserve to get whats coming. worst place to eat their food is always muck and a rip off

cant see how they were allowed to charge that for a big of gruel and brown water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bogview

typical irish begrudgry seeing a place go wollop:eek:..........where would you be goin with €8 yoyos nowadays:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

O'Briens are NOT closing down. The head office is in administration, but all the cafe's are trading normally and are all different individual businesses run in most case by local people.

e.g. O'Briens in Blanchardstown is owned & operated by Mr X, whilst O'Briens in Naas is owned & operated by Mr. Y. The only thing in common is they both pay royalties & rent to Brody Sweeney & O'Briens HQ.

BTW - Coffee & Muffin in Harrogate in bog standard cafe yesterday was £6.90. (about €8.50) I decided not to take them up on their offer!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

bogview wrote: »
    typical irish begrudgry seeing a place go wollop:eek:..........where would you be goin with €8 yoyos nowadays:mad:

8 Yoyos bought me a huge filled roll with fresh fillings, a drink, a bun and a newspaper in Superquinn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

typical irish begrudgry seeing a place go wollop
    Ripping off their countrymen and women for years, serves em right.
    ..........where would you be goin with €8 yoyos nowadays:mad:
    Not to O'Briens for sure.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Red Alert wrote: »
    8 Yoyos bought me a huge filled roll with fresh fillings, a drink, a bun and a newspaper in Superquinn.

it would probably have cost you €6 in Tesco or Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Funnily enough when I was in Petronas Towers in KL, Malayasia they had an O'Briens on the ground floor

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Still expensive imo, Rolls shouldn't cost more than 4euro, anything over that is a rip off. 8euro in superquinn is better than what you would get in O'Briens but still expensive in these times. During the so called good times you would pay 99c for a 500ml soft drink in Dunnes. Now in the bad times we are paying 1.11c.

I haven't seen the prices of newspapers,soft drinks,confectionary budge at all. No way will I pay 1euro for a choco bar or 60-80c for crisps...that's ridiculous!

IMO who cares about O'Briens, that was optional to go there, whereas we all need our soft drinks, papers etc
    Red Alert wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Bendini and Shaw sambo and any large coffee in Insomnia now for €5. Why anyone would go to O'Briens amazes me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hard Shaw

I have never been more delighted to see a business close down.
    Their success was inexplicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Hard Shaw wrote: »
    Their success was inexplicable.

I agree with this, never saw the attraction. Mediocre food for insane prices

Subway addict me :D

Advertisement