Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batting cages

Options
  • 21-07-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

will someone please set up a batting cage in Portlaoise? It would be good exercise, a social outing and a way of venting anger if needed be :D something for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

oh how i do miss batting cages. use to go all the time when living in the states. they really should have them here....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mellaine

I wish Ireland would wake up a little, this pub culture is getting boring, there must be more to do in the evenings than just sit and watch t.v. or drink. that's why I wish they would set up batting cages or something (p.s. I'm Irish and have never used a batting cage, just fed up of there being nothing to do in the evenings)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Cricket club
    Rugby club
    Golf clubs
    Gaa
    5 a-side soccer
    swimming pool
    gyms
    touher woods (go for a walk)
    fishing
    shooting
    equestrian centre
    athletics club
    basketball club
    boxing
    Karate
    judo
    various voluntary clubs
    and a lot more no need to sit in if you dont want to, try the driving range in the heath to vent your anger on the small white ball

the driving range and the 5-a-side soccer sound interesting. I started a thread looking for info on a badminton club in Portlaoise but I didn't get any replies so I guess there isn't one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

moose112 wrote: »
    try the driving range in the heath to vent your anger on the small white ball

I apologise for my lack of knowledge in all golf related matters, but i'm interested in giving it a go. can you rent the drivers out there, or would you require your own clubs?

• Advertisement

mellaine wrote: »
    the driving range and the 5-a-side soccer sound interesting. I started a thread looking for info on a badminton club in Portlaoise but I didn't get any replies so I guess there isn't one

They play badminton in the Potlaoise GAA club think they meet on a Thursday night but would not put money on what night.
    I am sure if you give them a ring or drop up any evening (when the bar is open) they will sort you out.
    budhabob wrote: »
    I apologise for my lack of knowledge in all golf related matters, but i'm interested in giving it a go. can you rent the drivers out there, or would you require your own clubs?

You would need to bring your own clubs but if you go in to colgans they do second hand clubs, you should be able to pick up a cheap one for around €30

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Anyone interested in playing soccer at three oclock on a tuesday?
    Its for people who work odd hours (and those on the scratcher) We play every week.
    No skill required. :)

Edit : Portlaoise leisure centre

Bicky wrote: »
    Anyone interested in playing soccer at three oclock on a tuesday?
    Its for people who work odd hours (and those on the scratcher) We play every week.
    No skill required. :)

Edit : Portlaoise leisure centre
    is it guys/girls or both that play?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

where is the driving range in portlaoise and anyone recommend a decent pitch and putt place

Its in the Heath golf club there also one out in the heritage but i think you have to be a member to use it.
    Don't know of any pith and putt courses that are left in Laois think there is one over around Tullamore.
    Check out Portlaoise golf club was a Par 3 up till lately when they extended one or two of the holes, probably need a full set of irons but no need for any woods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 schtajjn

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an equestrian centre in Portlaoise? I was told that the Ballyhyland Equestrian Centre on the Timahoe road has closed down, but that it used to be a great spot for riding lessons, livery etc.
    I used to go to Anna Harvey, but find it a little bit too far, so if anyone could advise me on a place in Portlaoise that would be great !

Thanks !

S

There is one in stradbally hall thomas cosby runs it over there you can get in off the timahoe road.
    Don't bother trying at the moment as they close down the place and move all the horses out of there for the electric picnic.

Advertisement