Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the best way to send couple big boxes to US

Options
  • 21-07-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am planning to move from Dublin to LA. It seems that for my two big boxes (one with books, one with clothes and toys, about 1 cubic meter) I don't need moving company. Does anybody know the best way to send these boxes to US?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

For the books, check out the Irish mail's book rate, it might be the cheapest way: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Sending+Mail/Facilitates/Posting+Books.htm

For your other stuff, you should investigate whether it might be cheaper to pay the extra lugage charges on your flight or post it... a lot will depend on size of the package vs weight. Also make sure you look into different airlines lugage rates, it might be worth paying a bit extra for an airline with a bigger allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I agree you will probably find its cheaper to pay the bag charge at the airport than ship the same weight of a package with a shipping company or an post

Advertisement